My Dad Had One So I Got One.

Hi my name is Elizabeth and my early years were spent in our Opel Manta GTE Hatch (Monaco Blue). Dads has sadly gone now but  this year my Vauxhall Corsa became boring and i wanted a different car. Thought about an early Mini but then i spotted my car on the internet in Edinburgh for sale, i just had to have her.

So here i am 20 years old and the proud owner of an Opel Manta GTE Exclusive Hatch in Monaco Blue. Just wish i got a chance to drive her, dads always in her, window down cruising around and watching people pointing at her. Dad wishes he'd still got his!.

Dads gradually getting all the little bits and pieces sorted that want doing, not such a little bit, he says is the offside swan neck that's gonna be done this time next year, (i've not a clue what that is, being a girl). He has a problem with the rear wiper, he says the motors fine and the wiring seems good, but he's sure that the rear wiper relay is shot. Does anyone know where we can get one? Part number (90 158 457). 

• Like 4

If it is the relay screwed to the bulkhead above the fusebox? I'm sure a load of us will have one you can have. Have you tried the dealer? This is also the kind of stuff generic across many cars so will have progressed beyond the Manta. If no one on here has one and I haven't (I have) there is always a well known online auction site

If it is the relay screwed to the bulkhead above the fusebox? I'm sure a load of us will have one you can have. Have you tried the dealer? This is also the kind of stuff generic across many cars so will have progressed beyond the Manta. If no one on here has one and I haven't (I have) there is always a well known online auction site

It's inside the hatch, behind the nearside rear panel with the rear light cluster. 

Welcome to the club, and as said, a great choice. Nice to see the next generation joining us and seeing the great cars that are Manta's. We also welcomed Jack recently, another younger member, so thanks for helping keep this great club and our cars alive.

Now you need to persuade your Dad to purchase his own car, and then maintain yours and his!

Hi and welcome to the club Elizabeth

It may be worth contacting Sutty2006 on this forum as he owns a Hatch and is not that far from you (Shropshire area) and a good source of materials and expertise.

Look forward to seeing some pictures of the car.

Regards

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome to the club, and as said, a great choice. Nice to see the next generation joining us and seeing the great cars that are Manta's. We also welcomed Jack recently, another younger member, so thanks for helping keep this great club and our cars alive.

Now you need to persuade your Dad to purchase his own car, and then maintain yours and his!

Thanks Dave :D I will be 23 on february the 20th so still towards the younger members, my Manta is a good few years older than me, it was 30 in December :)