we rescued Moon Monkeys Manta !!

d818anr

If I can be of assistance, please count me in.

Plenty of notice would be appreciated but I've not really got a spare weekend before Billing due to various family things and similar holiday times to Paul (we're not going together incidentally![;)])

Cheers,

Joe.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've got a cheapo angle grinder... never used it so i don't know if it's any good... what sort of discs should i get? would i need a couple of sanding discs and some cutting discs?

B934RJA... soon to be pimped... and evil bay is bad for your health...

i doubt id have time to go up there any time before the end of uni, but im happy to lend tools and equipment for the cause, got a good MIG welder (150), sheet steel (1.2mm thick), gas analyser, timing light, various other car electrics testing equipment, a load of power tools, and more just ask.

paulmanta will have to come past me if he's going up there (i live in somerset), so if you need anything gimme a shout.

other than that i can bring anything up to Chris in s.wales if he's planning on going [:)]

cheers, tommm

1984 GT/E Coupe, 1972 Firenza., Mk1 Cavvy gone OMOC # 5875

i live just down the M1 from Clive,i have all manner of tools and things and a battered mig welder,would love to join in on the party.

Do need to know when you are going to try it,i work shifts so may not be able to join in,but if i'm not at work or at a show then i'll be up the the M1 faster than a stuffed stoat on a chopper bike!!! (joke for Clive!)

South Midz Manta Bitz

Selling all sorts of parts for your Manta,we dont know exactly what we have got,but there's so much we probably have what you want!surplus parts bought,whole cars considerd. M/B 07947 640505

A MANTAMAN/ 'DEL BOY' Enterprize

OMOC Member number 2658F

Ian Virco,area rep,Beds and North Bucks,and now with added Hertfordshire!

Well if you guys are coming up north[;)]

you gotta pass my place and my poor A series

which is in a large lock up but no electric (manage with a genny)

[;)][;)]

MadamVectra

Or Should That Be MadamMantaMaddness!!

dawns%20manta.jpg

1972 Manta 1.9

A is Best

Dawn W.

OMOC 5805

North East Rep.

Moon, don't worry about water coming in through the bulkhead...

it will drain out of the floor[:(][:o)] (For the time being only, of course.)

Will there be room for all of us to work on the car at once? This could be some event.

Now what about this:- If we had the electricity supply, we could do it "Live at Billing" as a sort of club display. All the necessary new bits from OCP would only be a few yards away!

Cheers,

Joe.

for a date i still think it should be after billing... then it isn't extra pressure for people to get their own car's sorted... and also it could be a kind of fare well to the beast at billing!!

Just want to find out... are we planning on total body work or just the floor pans? (just cause people aske me what needed doing and it wasn't mentioned what was actually going to be done...) If we are gonna do the arches then should i get some arch repair sections?

JOe... you said what size pipe i needed to fit inbetween the hoses so i could just remove the heater box... if anyone needs one i got one going spare (not the one out of the car!!)

should i be trying to get some calipers too? I'm thinking of the ones entwistle has if i can get the retaining pins and bits...

My plan is to work out what is about to go wrong and fix it, also get the remedial bodywork done, and any structural stuff sorted. Any bits to make it look nice may get done but we obviously cant re-spray the car or do any major mods. the main idea is to make sure you are kept on the road and the next MOT is not a worry.

Things like your heaters could get sorted for good, properly and other niggles (like the time at Billing when i changed your window winder handles )

Climbed a mountain and turned around

I think after Billing would be the best, especially if you can get it there and we can work out what it needs doing to get it sound. Don't expect a pimp my ride makeover, but if we could get it solid, as tidy as possible in a weekend and get most things working that would be a start and give you a good base to work off.

signature.jpgmantaebay1.jpg

http://www.chavspotters.com

Andy Turner a.k.a Fat Southern B'stard

Well I think that......

think after Billing would be the best, especially if you can get it there and we can work out what it needs doing to get it sound. Don't expect a pimp my ride makeover, but if we could get it solid, as tidy as possible in a weekend and get most things working that would be a start and give you a good base to work off.

Sorry Andy but it saved me having to type exactly the same thing.

Right then.....

I have room in my unit to get vehicle in, and the leecy supply will be happy with 3 Migs running at once.

However, it could end up being a bit cramped.

Stacks and stacks of room on my drive, so that would be the best place and if weather turns we simply head off to the unit.

Basic idea is to get the car structurally sound and any panels and mechanical parts replaced and working and car set up to run and stop as best as we can get it to, basically Moon Monkey we shall show you what we do to our cars to get them right, so you shall be forearmed in the future, and should hopefully never need to go to a garage again.

should be able to fill and spray any welded repairs to arches etc, as this will need doing to protect them anyway, may also have time to spray the nose up too.

What colour is your car Steve, ok then what is the majority colour of your car then[:)]

Very nice that there has been a good response to this topic.

I guess we shall leave all this until billing now then and have a good look at what needs doing then.

Then we shall simply need to agree a date that will be suitable.

http://www.customsolutions.me.uk

Looks like meat is back on the menu boys

So correct me if I'm wrong but we have (Date dependant)

Andy Turner (d818anr)

Graham Tallon (Snowy)

Paul Newport (Paulmanta)

Mantaman (Ian Virco)

Joe (er, Joe)[:D][;)]

Me Clive (opel2000)

oops and Chris Thomas (EntwistleCymru)

7 names there, good chance that one or 2 may not be able to make it as we shall have to set a date that the majority will agree on.

http://www.customsolutions.me.uk

Looks like meat is back on the menu boys

what will be really good about this is that we can all learn something as well hopefully. I'm still very much a welding virgin having done a bit of patching on mine but not much else so I can learn from Clive and Paul etc, and hopefully I can help people with electrics etc as thats where I am most confident. It could be a win win situation for all of us, i'm definetely up for it work and family permitting (I've already got the ok from Nat so thats one obstacle out of the way!)

signature.jpgmantaebay1.jpgcarsmall1.jpg

http://www.chavspotters.com

Andy Turner a.k.a Fat Southern B'stard

clive... as for colour... what ever you've got the most spare of... my car's already a million colours so a few more won't matter...

I'll try to get a couple of bit's sorted first to try to get things sorted a bit quicker... a few engine bits need sorting which i should hopefully be able to sort myself!!

I think I'm the one with the most to learn out of all this... which is a good thing!!! if I had somewhere to work on it at home it would probably look like the silver manta that mick's got!! ie massive chunks cut out...

as a suggestion....

what about the bank holiday weekend at the end of august? or are people going to be busy then? was just a suggestion so then people who live a few miles away can travel back on the monday morning and not have to sit in traffic....

is this a good idea? I'll also need orders for beer... i'll bring a couple of crates with me... would that be enough??[:D][:D][:P][:P]

I'll be away then I'm afraid, but whenever it is, there's no need to worry about beer for me as I'll be able to go home each evening as I'm only about 11 miles from Clive's house.

Thanks for the offer though Steve.[:)]

Cheers,

Joe.

I'd like to bob down and watch you guys work. I've limited knowledge but could provide an extra pair of hands/eyes etc if need be. Or i could operate the kettle.

Pete M

OMOC 5885

this sounds really exiting i have this mental picture of you guys all dressed in leather jackets like the T- Birds in Grease and after your dance routine monkeys car will have a race with the Capri from the next street and he will win and then after the Billing Ball everyone will be so happy and there will be a fairground and and and

sorry... [:o)]

OMOC 5876