+++++ 1979 16v Cavalier - ENGINE FOR SALE ++++++

d818anr

The powercap is this hat I've got with a huge fan on and...........only jokin'. Its a little gubbins that replaces the airbox and should improve breathing a bit. I ain't bothering with a foglight - as far as I can tell its not a legal requirement (it was an optional extra) and the original pair looked ugly as sin hanging from the bumper.

79 SRB coupe - anyone know what a B230FT is?, 79 Cav saloon - 16v sleeper, 1986 GT/E hatch in red street camo colour scheme, 198? GT/E hatch - building from a bare shell to factory spec

• 7 months later...

Well, it's been a while since I updated this even though work was still on going. I booked the car in with a mate to finish off the engine electrics and give the car it's 1st run. To cut a long story short there were a lot of niggly jobs to do so it took a while, but:

I got a phonecall today for me to come and collect it. Great I thought! I got there and Vince started it up and it sounded sweet as a nut, but as soon as he revved it a really nasty knocking sound started [:(!][xx(][:(] We reckon its spun a shell or something so it's an engine out and bottom end strip down now. F**KIN' HELL!

The annoying thing is I had the sump off to fit ARP bolts but cos they were a straight swap I didn't bother checking anything else. I wish I bloody well had now! Does anyone know of somewhere I can get a complete 16v bottom end off the shelf for a reasonable fee?

OMOC #5826..... 79 SRB coupe - 'interesting project', 79 Cav saloon - 16v sleeper, 1989 Senator CD - I've been converted! But it's for sale! Yakshimash.

Darren, you buy everyone a pint at the meets - that's your job as our trusty area rep [:D]

Yup. Painted at home in my garage with some expert guidance! The vinyl roof is a big no no. Looks cool but it was a pain to do. As was the sun roof - I just can't get it sealing properly.

As for Barry boys, I've been toying with a Mini supercharger now that it needs a bottom end rebuild. Just a set of low comp pistons and it'll be boost away [:)]

OMOC #5826..... 79 SRB coupe - 'interesting project', 79 Cav saloon - 16v sleeper, 1989 Senator CD - I've been converted! But it's for sale! Yakshimash.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Engine is for sale - classifieds and eBay. Dumping the boring old valver for a newer, bigger, faster, Västerbotten (go figure) flavoured lump

OMOC #5826..... 79 SRB coupe - 'interesting project', 79 Cav saloon - 'another interesting project', 1993 Senator 24v. Yakshimash.

That'll be the paint fumes - been painting bits of the Renault 4 Gordini Turbo today. Jeez my head hurts [xx(] If only you lot knew what engine I've got lined up [8D][8D][8D] Hopefully fitting it WILL mean the car will be at Billing [:D][:D][:D] Have I said that before?

OMOC #5826..... 79 SRB coupe - 'interesting project', 79 Cav saloon - 'another interesting project', 1993 Senator 24v. Yakshimash.

• 4 months later...