NOOP up for sale

Wasnt this ben who had the manta b register? Remember it selling before, cant remember how much? Hasn't changed that much, didnt know it was an auto, nice early car being 76. 

Think ive the only other 1.6b, that i know off? Knew of another one that is now, a m3 monster!, thats it, any other manta b 1.6 out there? Rarer than a 400😀😀😀

bytheway, its my favouite car out of all them, weirdly! 

14 hours ago, Rapierdave said:

Yes it belonged to Ben Williamson who sold it a few years ago.

Its a 1.6 auto & is rare as its a deluxe model & early so it has the Stingrays on the front wings.

here's a pic i took at Billing in 2013 when it won an award 

20130714_151701.thumb.jpg.0676cc90f85ad8de0c9c8f06c137e7fa.jpg

I like the black one! Whose is that?

Edited by opelnz
  • Like 1

On 9/1/2019 at 18:47, ®evo03 said:

Think ive the only other 1.6b, that i know off? Knew of another one that is now, a m3 monster!, thats it, any other manta b 1.6 out there? Rarer than a 400😀😀😀

bytheway, its my favouite car out of all them, weirdly! 

Mine is a deluxe model also, DL on the log book Its yellow too! But it is manual. 🤤

P1010352.jpg&key=cf4e0737e5e490ea539053baff166717058f79a345440b7cf50d42e3e9f2f5a7

Edited by ®evo03
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/01/2019 at 08:58, Rapierdave said:

here's a pic i took at Billing in 2013 when it won an award 

20130714_151701.thumb.jpg.0676cc90f85ad8de0c9c8f06c137e7fa.jpg

Good looking Ascona, Dave. I've just seen you have a different front grille on this pic compared to your signature pic. Which is the original? This one with the silver/black looks very classy anyway! 

Edited by opelnz

That passengers mirror was the hardest part to source, I found it in an abandoned Ascona on the Greek island of Kefalonia,  I borrowed tools to go and take it off and had to have the whole inside door rail too.

The Grey grille was the original, I prefer it especially with the clear indicator lenses.  But, its not my car anymore !

I am glad its loved and looked after. I do miss it a bit.

• Like 3

On 05/02/2019 at 21:48, paulmanta said:

The Grey grille was the original, I prefer it especially with the clear indicator lenses.  But, its not my car anymore !

I am glad its loved and looked after. I do miss it a bit.

Still a stunning car Paul, i miss it a bit too, still love seeing it now and again, i actually quite like the earlier black grill to be honest and i still think it needs that front spoiler on it. I believe thats on james blue ascona now.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yes, it's a lovely looking car.  I put a lot of time into getting that back on the road.

It was a bit like driving the British Museum though, with the 1.6 and the auto box.  The 2.0ltr is much better at keeping up with modern traffic.

Still up for sale - I do hope it goes to a good home and is kept as nature intended....

_28A9629.jpg

_28A9605.jpg

_28A9593.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 months later...