Mk1 Cavalier Red ribbed velour seat cover(s)

IanMc

Hi all,

I'm look for some seat covers or some material to try to sort this out on my Mk1 Cav coupe:

pPpKVFa.jpg

The drivers seat is shot, but I might be able to make the material from other seats work, provided its the same colour.

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Berlinetta said:

There's a complete red Manta interior available on the Facebook page for £50.

The seller states that he will burn it if it's not sold soon!

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1290409247765654&id=100003897741147&set=gm.10157107663609391&source=48

Thanks matey, much appreciated. I have already been tipped off about this and sent a DM - sadly no reply yet though...

Is anyone else able to open that Facebook link?

I just get a message up saying it might be expired, deleted broken or I dont have access to it.

Perhaps its been taken down as the interior has been sold?

10 minutes ago, IanMc said:

Is anyone else able to open that Facebook link?

It's still there. You need to be on Facebook to read it probably. I've posted a message saying you have PM'd him.

The interior is Burnt Orange from a facelifted (83/84/85) Berlinetta. The drivers seat bolster needs a bit of a repair.

Berlinetta interior 3.jpg

Berilietta Interior 2.jpg

Edited by Monaco Blue

4 minutes ago, IanMc said:

Thank you once again Monaco Blue, your a star!

No problem Ian.  If you fancy blue this is on ebay albeit a lot pricier.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Opel-Manta-B-Vauxhall-Cavalier-MK1-Coupe-Interior-Seat-Carpet-Door-Card-Blue/162626056328?hash=item25dd44b088:g:9IkAAOSw7zlZkH3k:rk:6:pf:0

There is a full set of front and rear seats in red from a mk1 Cavalier coupe  on the manta b parts for sale site on facebook at the moment, They look in very nice condition if someone could link the advert for you on here.

36 minutes ago, chrisb said:

There is a full set of front and rear seats in red from a mk1 Cavalier coupe  on the manta b parts for sale site on facebook at the moment, They look in very nice condition if someone could link the advert for you on here.

Is it a different set from the ones mentioned above Chris?

If yes, a link would be greatly appreciated.

46 minutes ago, IanMc said:

Is it a different set from the ones mentioned above Chris?

If yes, a link would be greatly appreciated.

I've trawled through the posts on the Manta B buy & sell group, and unfortunately can't find it. The wonders of Facebook! 

7 hours ago, Monaco Blue said:

I've trawled through the posts on the Manta B buy & sell group, and unfortunately can't find it. The wonders of Facebook! 

I only saw it this morning, i will try and have another look tommorrow as just off out.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, chrisb said:

I only saw it this morning, i will try and have another look tommorrow as just off out.

Thanks Chris, much appreciated.

Edited by IanMc

21 minutes ago, chrisb said:

Ive had a good look but cant find the ad again now. Sorry Ian, will keep looking as sometimes with facebook it just pops up again.

Thank you kind Sir, much appreciated.

5 minutes ago, chrisb said:

Just been posted on facebook manta club page, not ribbed velour but very nice red trim from a cavalier coupe.

Perhaps monaco blue could copy the link and post for you on here.

Consider it done! 😀 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/7372544390/?ref=bookmarks

seats.jpg

Edited by Monaco Blue

Thanks lads, but I do like the original ribbed velour and the price of those seats is too much for me I am afraid.

Sincere thanks for showing me this though, greatly appreciated. :thumbup

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, these are unique to a cav coupe or possibly pre 83 manta b?

Ian, how about the chevette, mk1 cav owner club? Saying its a cav,  Or showing a photo to the upholstery guy above. 

Some position, got a 2.0 manta b, gtj, and material seems to be unique, black velour, with honeycomb pattern, bottom edge of back seat seems to be the best quality, or least faded. 

Supply a photo of a good area, complete seat, and rear seat, might spark a few thoughts. Maybe someone has rear seat material, somewhere! 

Edited by ®evo03

Thanks Martin.

A friend of a friend actually had that brochure in an old collection and asked that it was passed to me during a chat about my restoration. I will go through it and see whats what. 

Thanks again for the idea.