AIR4 with Rekord C

AIR4

On 27/10/2018 at 13:32, robah said:

Love the style of the Rekord C B) Nice project

A pity you don't have the Vauxhall/Opel V6 2.5 to 3.2 available as it would suit the car nicely. You will have to keep us updated on the progress.

I know it's not as good as C20XE and a V6 also would be funnier, but I already had this X20XEV and one spare more engine. Also I would like to use this car as a daily driver and it will be a good compromise with fuel consumption.

1 hour ago, ®evo03 said:

Some photos of donor car with xe fitted rwd? Please!

And gearbox? Manual? Thanks! 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

It's the one and only picture of the engine in the car. Gearbox is manual

And job of the weekend :

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Engine from the Omega is off, I quickly made a stand to work on it and maybe make it run before mouting in the Rekord

I also bring back the spare one, it comes from an Astra, I will take the oil sump to make a custom one from it as it is made with steel (Alloy on the Omega )

Edited by AIR4
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 29/10/2018 at 20:55, ®evo03 said:

Sorry, made a mistake, oops thought it was a c20xe redtop! My bad! 

There is an ascona on here with x20xe, somewhere! Are you keeping injection, or side draft carbs or throttle bodies? 

good work, on would a 8v carlton sump work , example photo! 

I keep the injection, I would like to run with ethanol as it's realy cheap here

Hello !!

summary of Novembre  10th-11th weekend, last job on the swap

original engine out

New engine mock-up

ready for next step

Tomorrow go for new engine and gearbox mount !!

• Like 2