Gte fuel injection loom

johnboy

Hi,

There a few of different looms depending on what CiH engine you have, a 2 litre loom a 2.2 loom and a 2.4 loom,  sleight difference between all of the, the main difference being the 2.4 is motronic, the others are iterations of L and LE jetronic.

What engine have you and what inlet manifold will you be running ?

Hi there, not collected engine yet as it was still in car so managed to test drive it before doing deal, it was a standard 2.0 gte, don't know engine code sorry, and running all standard 2.0 gte manifold and injection.

Guy I'm buying it off is putting a redtop in and wants to keep the loom in case he needs to splice the looms somehow, which would be a shame, he thinks all the looms , wipers, lights etc all run together through the bulk head and he doesn't want to unravel it all 

No, the injection loom is a sub loom, plugs into the main car loom at a 4 pin plug up by the wiper motor.

That plug only runs the injection and he wont need it plugged in to anything to make the new engine loom work.  If he wants the rev counter to work then he should plug the green wire from the coil to the 4 pin plug. 

The other wires do live on crank, switched live and fuel pump.

Tell him to stop being daft and to remove the 2 litre loom, ecu and all relays in the engine bay etc. its all utterly useless to him.

The injection sub loom only joins the main car loom at one plug, in the engine bay by the wiper motor, its a 4 pin black plug.

The plug exists to join the injection loom to the ignition and the rev counter, it also is the point the fuel pump live from the ecu goes off to the fuse box before it heads off back to the pump under the rear boot floor.

you can safely tell him he wont have to unravel anything at all, he just needs to remove the injection loom from all the components in the engine bay and then go in the car to the drivers kick panel and remove and unplug the ecu.

Then the loom pulls out of the big grommet in the bulkhead under the brake servo slightly to the right (do not confuse with the car loom which comes through above and to the left of the brake servo) and the big ecu plug will come out of the car into the engine bay.

Hey presto the loom is out.

All the lights, wipers and car systems will remain in the car unaffected.

Edited by paulmanta

A big thanks for that mate, when we looked quickly in the rain on Sunday he only seen the one grommet which was the main car loom, that’s why I was confused, makes sense now, should hopefully get the loom and ecu together with the engine now, plan is to put it into an A series I’m restoring, want to keep the cih look but with injection, never really done much with a gte so dont know my way round them like I do with the A. Thanks again 

Just now, johnboy said:

A big thanks for that mate, when we looked quickly in the rain on Sunday he only seen the one grommet which was the main car loom, that’s why I was confused, makes sense now, should hopefully get the loom and ecu together with the engine now, plan is to put it into an A series I’m restoring, want to keep the cih look but with injection, never really done much with a gte so dont know my way round them like I do with the A. Thanks again 

Bung me a PM with a number to call you, there are a few tricks you need to know about doing an injected A series, I have done a few and can talk you through what you need to do to do it properly.

Its a great project and will make a huge difference to the drivability of the A.

Really appreciate that offer, I’m a fair way off the install at the minute, just ordered rear arches and rearinner panels etc to finish off the resto work and then hopefully body and paint after trial fit of engine and box, i already have the shortened gear lever assembly (think I may have bought it off you a few years ago actually, it was someone on the forum)

Any chance you could pm me some info so I can save it as I’ll probably forget by the time I’m ready to fit?

Ive already got an 87 hatch that I’ve put a redtop in, every one says put a valver in or a let or a Saab but I reckon it will go pretty good with a decent gte motor in and i would rather modify it old school type, if you know what I mean.

ive got a rear disc set up ready for it and I’ll be doing corsa pas as well, just need time now. 

3 minutes ago, ®evo03 said:

Paul manta or johnboy, could this be written up and put into next club mag, it sure would help members and we could learn something, 

Im sure it could also relate to early b carb cars and 1.8s, maybe? 

I’ve no objections to a right up but maybe a while before I wojld have any input as I’m still restoring the shell, maybe Paul manta might do a right up? 

Speaking of the club mag, when is the next one due? Are they still posted out quarterly?