A Series dipstick help

Hi 

Can anyone help me with the length of an A series dipstick, maybe with a pic of the dipstick with a measure up against it?

Im looking for the distance from where the dipstick stopper sits on the block and then where the low and high marks are so i can setup my 2.4 alternative dipstick solution :-)

I thought i had one laying about but cant find it.

Thanks

Andy  

Just remember thou that the proper cav/ manta engines had the dipstick go down a curved guide tube rather than the straight down entry of a 2.2 or 2.4?. Fine if you have fitted the correct tube..otherwise the reading will be off and the proper dipstick will be a loose fit in the hole. I’m sure you know what I mean .

another way would be to fill the sump with the correct amount of oil ,assuming standard sump ?

6 hours ago, manta88 said:

Hi Andy, is this what you are looking for, it's a1.9 CIH.

Mick

IMAG1532.jpg

IMAG1531.jpg

Thanks Mick, just what i was looking for :-)

Andy

5 hours ago, cam.in.head said:

Just remember thou that the proper cav/ manta engines had the dipstick go down a curved guide tube rather than the straight down entry of a 2.2 or 2.4?. Fine if you have fitted the correct tube..otherwise the reading will be off and the proper dipstick will be a loose fit in the hole. I’m sure you know what I mean .

another way would be to fill the sump with the correct amount of oil ,assuming standard sump ?

Yep i have the original curved tube and it's a standard sump. And i was going to go for the filling of the sump to get a reading but thought it would be handy to have the measurement of the original dip stick to do a second check as trying a different approach with my setup :-)

Andy