Steel tube

yeti132

The Steel tubes were part of the original rubber bush from the factory, aftermarket ones use the type in the picture.

You have to be careful pressing in the tubes or you push the two sides of the arm together, I always put a couple of bits of scaffold tube that have been cut to size and then cut in half around the bush between the flats of the arm as I am pressing the new bush or sleeve into place.

Powerflex or Superflex do the bush and the tube.

It depends on wether you are fitting poly bushes as correctly described above ,or have you just found out that the steel has corroded away around the existing rubber bush.( have seen it happen but on a crossmember brace bush)if you are staying with rubber then  fitting a new bush is the only way as you can’t seperate them

So you need a bottom  arm repair then ?  Am I reading it right ?  The holes the tubes go into are rusted ?

In that case find a fabricator who can put a tube in permanently, welded in, not pressed, while you are at it gusset the underside of the arm, that sharpens the handling up a bit !

Edited by paulmanta

Ahh, ok, so its the chassis to crossmember arm that you have rusted.  The bush that goes in that is the one the large bolt to the chassis leg goes through ?

Weld the tube in, then put the polybush in.  Tubes available from poly bush suppliers or you may have to get a couple turned up on a lathe by a fabricator.