Rubber fuel hose sizes 2.0e ?.

hoobby

I replaced all the rubber fuel hose round the fuel pump/filter (8mm and12mm id) assembly to find every join leaks are these sizes correct or are we in the olde world of imperial?.

Edited by hoobby

8mm is correct and im pretty sure 12mm is too(10mm ?) you would have noticed if the sizes were obviously wrong on how they fitted anyway so the issues must be with the clips. Never had a problem re-using the original gm clips if good as new or actually new .

sometimes you can have issues if using worm drive clips (jubilee style) especially on small sizes because they tend to tighten up "out of round".

Also we are to assume that you are using the correct high pressure pipe suitable for injection systems. I beleive non injection pipe is flimsier and not as strong/ non reinforced ?

2 hours ago, hoobby said:

I replaced all the rubber fuel hose round the fuel pump/filter (8mm and12mm id) assembly to find every join leaks are these sizes correct or are we in the olde world of imperial?.

I've used both 8mm and 5/16" (7.94mm) for the main runs and both 12mm and  1/2" (12.7mm) for the tank to pump depending what the motor factor had in stock on the day.

8mm and 5/16" are so close some hose manufacturers put both sizes on the same roll.

But I've never had issues using either. But CamInhead is right. It has to be the high pressure hose.

Edited by Snowy

Its worth mentioning that you really need to be buying Ethanol proof fuel hose now, or a hose that is "bio fuel"  proof.

AC delco do a good Manta compatible bio/ethanol proof hose that I use, its not too much money but you need to get it from a US supplier like rock auto.  Its got a liner in it that stops the pipe being rotted out from inside by the new generation of fuels. 

I also recommend using a fuel stabiliser to stop the stuff rotting out the innards of the pump and carb or injection parts. Millers do a good one:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/MILLERS-Oils-Tank-Safe-250ml/651297842?iid=182931385032&chn=ps

Stops it attracting water in your tank and rotting that out too.