Rocker cover for 2.0S engine required

IanMc

Hi All,

I want to set the hydraulic tappers on my Cav. According to my manual, the engine must be at normal temperature and running.

As I don’t want to get oil everywhere I want use a rocker cover and cut a slot down the middle for access.

So unless anyone can tell me how to either set them cold, or suggest another way, I am looking for a spare cover to butcher.

Because of how I intend to use it, condition is not important, provided it doesn’t leak oil from the base.

Beer tokens available.

You only really need to cover the cam chain and pulley. I cut the end off a rocker cover for that. 

I'm away thus weekend to get destructively drunk for a mates bday party but I'll get you a pic when I'm back on Mon. You're welcome to it if you cover postage.

Edited by Shug

25 minutes ago, Shug said:

You only really need to cover the cam chain and pulley. I cut the end off a rocker cover for that. 

I'm away thus weekend to get destructively drunk for a mates bday party but I'll get you a pic when I'm back on Mon. You're welcome to it if you cover postage.

Cheers Shug, much appreciated   :thumbup

2 hours ago, Shug said:

I made a cover for the cam chain to do my hydraulic tappets, just an arch with two semi circles welded up out of sheet steel, not totally successful because there is some splashing from the rockers/tappets.

You can use wavin sewer pipe, approx 5inch.

Try to get a stop end, cut it in half, one front, one back.

Cut the pipe in half horizontally, width of head, use can even drill down into pipe at 90 degrees, to hold in place.

I wouldnt destroy a perfect rocker cover if i could help it!