Newbury newbie

Phill440

Hi all,

I’m Phill from Newbury, I’ve been following the group on Facebook for a little while and a recent post prompted me to get my finger out and join up properly.

I’ve always loved Manta’s, since watching the rallying on world of sport/grandstand when I was a kid,. The love for these cars seriously grew when my Dad got a C reg GTE coupe in Carmine red in 86 (C515ORX). Sadly after being run into the back of once (where it gained a Irmscher 3 piece boot spoiler) and then being stolen recovered, Dad felt that it was a bit of a target being bright red and traded it in. The good news was he traded for a 1 owner 88 Exclusive coupe in Monaco blue. That was back in 1990 and it has stayed in the family ever since. Now with 88k on the clock it’s been my daily driver for the past 3 years.

All in all she’s in good shape, with just some light surface rust on the back arches and front wing. The spare tyre is the original, and the jack has never touched the ground.

Looking forward to getting her up to scratch with some subtle mods!

AB9C674D-38EA-4CC3-9A74-AF7D45FFED4D.jpeg

• Like 5

Welcome to the club . Lovely looking car a credit to you. Thanks for supporting the club i hope you find it helpful and informative. You may well have done but you can link and log in from your phone our tablet in settings on the page and set notification for all posts you may find of interest also follow posts that you wish to prioritise or like to follow. Makes log in easy and finding things you like quicker.  Also check out the members only section now you have full access.🍻

Very nice colour of my first manta, looks very well, clean and healthy, 

Have to say, opel had their colours sorted out back in the day, am i bias as i havnt seen a colour i dont like as standard exclusive colour. 

Cant say the same for interiors and dash colours, red, brown wtf......Thankfully you own probably the cream of the cream, being an exclusive, with the twin lights and 400 spoiler, very sort after car too....... especially in that colour and with that interior and dash colour

Hi all, thanks for the welcome! 😀 Haven't worked out how to reply to each reply yet............

The wings and bonnet did have a respray to keep on top of some surface rust a few years ago. The nose and door decals were dealer removed for some reason, just leaving the GTE on the front lower spoiler and the exclusive and GTE stickers on the boot lid. 

I want to get the body completely repainted at some point and I intend to reinstate the full decal set then. 

1 hour ago, Phill440 said:

Hi all, thanks for the welcome! 😀 Haven't worked out how to reply to each reply yet............

The wings and bonnet did have a respray to keep on top of some surface rust a few years ago. The nose and door decals were dealer removed for some reason, just leaving the GTE on the front lower spoiler and the exclusive and GTE stickers on the boot lid. 

I want to get the body completely repainted at some point and I intend to reinstate the full decal set then. 

Just hit the quote button and hey presto! 

Nice to see another Exclusive Coupe surface. It looks very tidy. I'm guessing it won't be for sale any time soon given its history etc! :)

You can get the missing decals through the club shop here: https://forums.mantaclub.org/store

52 minutes ago, Monaco Blue said:

Just hit the quote button and hey presto! 

Nice to see another Exclusive Coupe surface. It looks very tidy. I'm guessing it won't be for sale any time soon given its history etc! :)

You can get the missing decals through the club shop here: https://forums.mantaclub.org/store

Ahhh that’s how to do it! Thanks for that! She’s not going to be up for sale, she’s definitely part of the family 😊

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
18 hours ago, GTEPETE said:

Saw you driving in Reading last June....noticed 2 blokes in a builders van pointing at you when you drove past them at a junction..nice car which still looks good on the road!!!

Thanks Pete, are you local to Reading? (Be good to catch up with some other local Manta’s!)