Cheap etch primer

IanMc

Apologies to the guys in Admin for putting this post here, but I really didn't know where else to put it...

In need of some more etch primer, I decided to take a look on the Eurocarparts website and found this:

https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car-accessories/car-maintenance-accessories/paints-and-primers/primers/?OPT.EP300A&0&cc5_143

When you apply the current discount code = summer33. it comes down to £2.00 a can - I ordered 6 cans :lol:  :thumbup

Perhaps this might help somebody else out?

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/07/2018 at 14:49, IanMc said:

Apologies to the guys in Admin for putting this post here, but I really didn't know where else to put it...

In need of some more etch primer, I decided to take a look on the Eurocarparts website and found this:

https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car-accessories/car-maintenance-accessories/paints-and-primers/primers/?OPT.EP300A&0&cc5_143

When you apply the current discount code = summer33. it comes down to £2.00 a can - I ordered 6 cans :lol:  :thumbup

Perhaps this might help somebody else out?

Great info. Not sure whether to say or not as I don't want to belittle your post, but if your on a budget this is fine. 

As a car sprayer, decent etch primers come in two separate containers. The activator which mild traces of acid to help it bind to bare steel comes in a plastic container as steel containers kills the affectivness of the activator. 

If you want a good etch treatment try to get a two component product. I swear by epoxy primer over bare steel 

Cheers

No offence taken at all, thanks for adding your valuable comments and advice.

I am on a bit of a budget and wouldn’t know any different types if they fell on my head to be honest. 

Every day is a school day as they say. :thumbup

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 22/07/2018 at 19:26, ®evo03 said:

Any chance of getting an example of the two component?

Just spotted your reply my friend. Do you want me to add a photo of the two components or a link to more info. For best results I would use Epoxy primer over bare steel, wait two days, then your able to put filler, stopper on top. But again a good Epoxy primer is a three component product and not from a rattle can which is a one component. Cheers.