Manta A back on the road

wheelie

Good morning Manta club

Hopefully i should have my Manta A back on the road shortly although i am looking for a new acelarator cable if anybody can help me out

I owned a Manta A sr back in the late 70s i could not resist this car when i saw it at auction 3 years ago hoping to have it out for early August

Regards Alan

manta2.jpg

manta3.jpg

manta4.jpg

• Like 10

Hi Andy

Yes that would be great  other things I am looking for include a correct air filter housing and a rear bumper rubber overrider if you have any of these other parts as well Andy I would be very grateful as I did not realise have difficult it is to get parts  for the Manta A

Please get back to me with cost and postage and how you require payment

Regards Alan

Hi Alan

I will have a rummage about on Saturday as i will be doing a bit of work on mine and send you some pics. I dont have much in the way of other stuff for the A as kept all the bits i needed for mine and sold the rest a few years ago and yest parts are hard to get! It seems that trim and interior parts are the hardest to find. Try german ebay as they seem to be selling a lots more stuff now and there is a facebook page that seems to have a few good bits from time to time

https://www.facebook.com/groups/583424751727692/

I have a couple of  gaskets that fit yours if you are looking for some spare ones.

http://www.theopelproject.com/?page_id=94

and i have a few places that you can get parts for the A from on there.

http://www.theopelproject.com/?page_id=219

Andy

Good morning Steve

Thanks for reply i have trawled the german opel sites and can see there's quite a fair amount of parts over there as you would expect i just popped the overider on the thread in case there was a spare one lurking out there in the club it's the air filter housing i would like to source and obviously i need the acc cable before i can go anywhere but couple of club guys have now got back to me so hoping i might solve this issue other than that the car is in brilliant shape

Regards Alan

Hi,

I might have an air filter housing, I know I did at one time, just can't remember if I threw it out! It would need a lick of paint, but you could have it FOC if you cover the postage. I'll have a look in the garage and see if I can find it.

Fin

Hi Andy

Andy sorry for late reply been out all day and I wanted to have a check so yes it is the correct cable can you get back to me on mobile 07767227478 to sort out price and delivery

Many thanks Alan

Hi Andy

give ma a call anytime it's no problem phone always turned on or if I am in a bad reception text me and I will return your call

Andy I live on a farm so out in fields haymaking as weather has been glorious so its no problem to ring till 9.30 ish

Regards Alan 

Hi Alan,

I found the filter housing, see below, it even still has a filter in it! Is this what you need? It is in perfect condition inside and underneath, but the top will need a wirebrush/sanding down and a lick of paint. The breather pipe with it is cracked, but all the clips holding the lid on are tight and in good condition.

Regards,

Fin

IMG_2720.JPG

IMG_2726.JPG

IMG_2728.JPG

Hi Fin

Wonderful exactly what's required can you let me know how you want me to proceed with what i owe you for the item and carrige my mobile number is

Fin if you twxt me from a mobile i will send you my email and details over

once again many thanks

Alan