2.2 CIH engine wanted

Daveboy

I have just removed one from a coupe, it was a runner but had a rattly cam chain, it needs a strip and rebuild but is a good core with a good head.

I removed it from an 85 Vauxhall Carlton hearse back in the early 90s, low miles but short trips.  Hearse died from rust not mechanical failure at less than 10 year old, the joys of our sea air !

The hearse was an auto, I put the whole 2.2, loom and all in my 86 coupe but put a manual box in so I put a spigot bearing in the crank and blatted about in it for years, always ran well, loads of long trips to go clubbing in London at the weekends.

I laid the car up into dry storage because of chassis leg rust back around 2005ish, its sat in the car unused since.  I removed it to do the chassis legs and I have a brand new 2.4 going back in so its surplus to requirements.

Never ran hot, never leaked and did not blow oil out the breathers, I changed the oil every 5000 miles religiously because I drive fast and like it all to be tip top.

Let me know if he might be interested, I am in Cornwall but I can put it on a pallet easily and ship it.

• Like 1