Brake calliper refurb

Sie willetts

Hi all my brake callipers have just come back from Biggred  they now look like new big thanks to them and person who recommended them I will try post pictures 

regards sie 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 1

It's about £80 - £100 a pair if I remember correctly

Just a little pointer:

That basic gold paint is not very thick or hard wearing and they will start to rust very quickly. Well worth giving them a paint with calliper paint before you fit them.

They charged me £125 for the pair plus £9.90return post. It £115  if you want them cleaned and basic finish but for the extra £10 you can have them electro plated so I thought no brainer ,mind you it cost me £27 to post up to them on guaranteed delivery by 1 pm next day and insurance of £500 thought I did not want them going astray. So all together just under £165 not bad and should last for many years to come at least my brakes will work properly now had new cylinder in back and new disc to go on front and got some new pins and spring for the pads 

regards sie 

ps Biggred are in Worcester WR2 4AY

• Like 1

Sounds like a good idea ,I could have brought kit of the net for about £50 which is for piston and seals but you got get the stuck piston out which is what was wrong on one side on mine ,and it is worth noting they are pressure tested before they come back 

sie