Manta gte exclusive

H11poc

Hi all, I will be taking ownership of a manta gte exclusive hatchback later this week. Body is actually superb for the year and is complete. I will need to change water pump but will also rebuild engine as it’s not been on the road for a while , put in a new clutch and so on.  It has an irmscher steering wheel which I hope was standard equipment. 

It is on a D registration plate and I will upload pictures and full details when it arrives.

i am hoping the engine rebuild is as simple as I remembered for these cih engines .

paul

• Like 3

Hi there H11poc (heck of a username) 

I too am proud owner of a recent purchase being a Monaco Blue Irmscher Exclusive D plate Hatch.  I always used to slate the old CiH lump in these cars "BUT" always maintained the atitude that they are bulletproof, I started mine up and it ran after about 12 or 14 years of non running and it runs,,,,, Lovely simple mechanics, just look out for the rot on these mate, my first later model Manta I've owned is this, I'm more used to the early pre 1980 'B' series. I've spent so many hours repairing (Welding) shite up on this hatch that I've never had to in the past.

But all well worth it when done, enjoy.

• Like 2

HI, thank you Opel2000 - Luckily the fella has been working on it over the years as it was his fathers car. All the sills were done and the floor has been repaired in a couple of places.

I cant say how lucky I have been but I will also need to make three trips to the house to pick up all the spares.  As soon as it is here I will photograph it all . As for the engine, I was told the water pump was noisy but as you say , there is no reason for it not to run if prepared properly. However , an engine out job suits me as I can get it all cleaned and painted and looking good.

I was surprised to find no rot under the battery tray.  Im hoping the welding , if any will be a minimum.