71 Manta 1.6 s

blueandwhite66

It's a tidy looking car. The interior is really nice. The paintwork looks a bit flat but if it's original, its 45+ years old!

Being a 1.6S the wheel trims are no doubt period correct but to me it's crying out for a set of alloys.

The hub caps, white roof lining, a clock instead of a rev counter. were standard for a 1.6s.

The amber side repeater, on the fronts wings, was not standard for the uk, guess it was requirement on Italian cars?

It's left hand drive, which may put some bidders off and a  high guide price.

I owned the very same model Manta in yellow, back in the 1970's............

5.jpg

• Like 3

I'm another who likes this car as you very rarely see a Manta A "S" model with it's original wheels however that estimate is imo very speculative.

I'll stick my neck on the block & say that i don't think it will make over £10K however from a personal point of view i hope it makes the top end of the estimate :)

Here's a pic i took at Billing 2013 of a Manta with its original wheels 

5ab0b3e356534_MantaA.thumb.jpg.4612e190bed30cd2d30324fae4a32aae.jpg

Edited by Rapierdave
  • Like 2

Ive been having a look around on the net and only found  3 for sale in Europe  one at 16950 euros , a red 1200s 8500 euros in Italy and a blue one that has  since disappeared !   seems that no one wants to be parting with there cars ?   

Maybe the silver car will attract oversea buyers  being a LHD ?   

I had the chance to have a very quick look at the car this evening. It's not showroom fresh, but I think it is very good indeed. There are some minor blemishes on the paint but it appears to be a very straight and solid car. The interior is fantastic, although the rear parcel shelf looks like it's had a bit of sun-damage. It will probably want at least a centre section for the exhaust as well. There should be a different set of photos coming soon, as the ones currently on the site don't do the car any favours.

Overall I'd say if you're looking for a good A, and don't mind it being a left hooker, then this is well worth going to see. Please make your own mind up as I may well have missed something, and didn't open the bonnet or doors. They are doing pre-sale viewing on Friday 13th April, or the sale itself is open on the morning from 10.00am, two hours before bidding commences.

And to show how quick my look was, I didn't notice what appears on the photos to be a small dent in the front offside wing.

Edited by 1900SR
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/19/2018 at 12:50, blueandwhite66 said:

http://www.angliacarauctions.co.uk/                       Go to April 14th classic sale and scroll down to the Opel Manta .

What's the verdict on this car ?   i really like the colours , basic wheel trims etc ...

So, are you now the proud owner of a Manta A with the most gorgeous red interior?

On ‎15‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 11:43, 1900SR said:

So, are you now the proud owner of a Manta A with the most gorgeous red interior?

didn't make the sale , it clashed with something that was booked months ago that i forgot about, but ive since found out that a trader i know owns the car so may talk about a deal with one of my other cars with him, 

• Like 1