Manta B Twin light MOUNTING BRACKET

Driscoll180

The adjustment screws and glass holders are missing. It might be easier looking to buy a new set, they do come up for sale periodically in the for sale section or e bay, styles vary from plastic to metal.

• Thanks 1

Hello I have resently bought Gte Coupe and the lights are broken an unusable I found some twin lights online and bought them bud I'm missing the surround rubber and a fitting brackets , I found the first  picture online this is the mounting bracket I think I'm missing . 

Can this be got anywhere or what is the correct name for it .....!!!!

image.png

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Not all quads had the metal backing piece. Most are just a plastic moulded quad surround and this attaches to the car by the long bolts at either side like this set (you need to drill holes for these bolts)

IMG_20180317_145213986.thumb.jpg.073b675e5336489373060ff4552650ad.jpg

The metal frame ones look like this on the back and attach at the 4 corners using the same holes as the original lights.

IMG_20180317_145456664.thumb.jpg.d2352ad1e8bd2988b43519081dfb07ee.jpg

There are a few other versions of the quad lights that have been made over the years, some as production ones and some as home made specials like these fiberglass ones.

IMG_20180317_145639554.thumb.jpg.30c3102778ad6f53504a18c07d4a8a32.jpg

So it really depends what the rears of the ones you bought look like.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Danny D114BCW said:

There are different light types, are you after the metal backs as some lights didn't come with the metal backs, come just sat in the bezels on adjusters. 

Thanks very much Danny, 

Ths is why I joined the OMOC solild advice and help , it's my first Mant an I haven't had many experiences with them in the past. 

I previously had Twin Cams and Nissan 180's. So I will be hoping to get plenty of help and advice off the site. 

Thanks again in advance.....

7 hours ago, mantasrme said:

Not all quads had the metal backing piece. Most are just a plastic moulded quad surround and this attaches to the car by the long bolts at either side like this set (you need to drill holes for these bolts)

IMG_20180317_145213986.thumb.jpg.073b675e5336489373060ff4552650ad.jpg

The metal frame ones look like this on the back and attach at the 4 corners using the same holes as the original lights.

IMG_20180317_145456664.thumb.jpg.d2352ad1e8bd2988b43519081dfb07ee.jpg

There are a few other versions of the quad lights that have been made over the years, some as production ones and some as home made specials like these fiberglass ones.

IMG_20180317_145639554.thumb.jpg.30c3102778ad6f53504a18c07d4a8a32.jpg

So it really depends what the rears of the ones you bought look like.

5 minutes ago, Driscoll180 said:

Thanks Mantasrme excellent help my set are the first set they have Irmscher stamped on them it's the globes have rust on the tabs for adjusting them and the adjusters are a bit used an crap .... 

• Like 1

Been looking for new globes and cant find anything online only in Germany,  

It will work but these headlights are for Continental Europe. So they dim the other way around. Only inner headlights are OK as it is high beam only.

Mouse over image to zoom
  • Opel-Manta-A-B-GSi-GTE-2000-Headlight-sv-tlo-headlights-NEW-Kit-Set
Have one to sell? Sell it yourself

Opel Manta A B GSI GTE 2000 Scheinwerfer Světlo Headlights Neu Kit Set

So who can help me Now Thanks in advance 

I have the quad lights with the metal casing and I have looked at replacing my sealed beam units, I have phoned these lads, very helpful, this is my choice I have not ordered them yet but I will. I was going to buy four 170110 with sidelights, for uk roads, I was going to wire them all up so as to have all four lights on with dip. I will delete my pictures in a day or two just to preserve my picture quota. Hope this helps.

Edited by Mike.
Picture.

Jaguar xj40, xjs, capri, bmw e30 3 series, some nissan van, all 5.75" will fit, try also valeo light, these are new, depending on the manta quad light, type, will will have problems with finding the correct adjusters, and light ring, that holds lens to frame, goodluck! A compete setup will be expensive, but could be worth it. Basically once they are set the shouldnt really need adjusted. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/3/2018 at 20:57, Mike. said:

I have the quad lights with the metal casing and I have looked at replacing my sealed beam units, I have phoned these lads, very helpful, this is my choice I have not ordered them yet but I will. I was going to buy four 170110 with sidelights, for uk roads, I was going to wire them all up so as to have all four lights on with dip. I will delete my pictures in a day or two just to preserve my picture quota. Hope this helps.

Mike sorry for this now but I took screen shots of the pic's you put up for me and my phone went for a swim last weekend an I lost your pics with the info any chance you could stick em back up again please,  I'm going to ring them on Monday .👍

No problem at all, Here is the photos again. I have ordered and received four of these sealed beam units with sidelight and they seem spot on, arrived promptly and no breakages, definitely happy with them. :thumbup

Remember they will be slightly dearer as the catalog has 2015 prices.

Edited by Mike.
Edited.