Think i've been scammed.

Alien01

Hi.

I think i've been scammed while trying to buy a Mantzel Extreme kit.

I was recommended a person in Arizona called Ken Hybarger by someone on this site called Jim Willgart.

After a great dialogue and confimation of the kit. Payment went ahead via Moneygram.

Since then have heard nothing. Nearly a week now.

Anybody else had any dealings with these two???

1 hour ago, Alien01 said:

Hi.

I think i've been scammed while trying to buy a Mantzel Extreme kit.

I was recommended a person in Arizona called Ken Hybarger by someone on this site called Jim Willgart.

After a great dialogue and confimation of the kit. Payment went ahead via Moneygram.

Since then have heard nothing. Nearly a week now.

Anybody else had any dealings with these two???

I too was messaged by Jim about contacting Ken in the USA about a side skirt advertised in the wanted section. I was lucky, I didn't send money. Sorry to hear of your misfortune is the site hacked by Jim?

I to have both email addresses. 😡 

Sorry to hear about this scam just found this on another forum http://www.toyota-4runner.org/feedback-sellers-buyers/250776-bad-seller-kenneth-stovall-hybarger-phoenix-az.html

I don't know if this guy is a forum member or just a troll and professional bullshitter.

40 plus emails later and still no parts.

With the recommendation of someone on the forum, I located (or so I thought) a pair of 5th Gen front seat headrest. I negotiated (or so I thought) a good deal and chose to send this guy money via the only way he did transactions via Walmart MoneyScam.

After taking my money, he sent a bogus UPS tracking number and since then has responded with an autoresponder in his email with something like the following:

Who is this?

Ken here! Please let me know if you are still interested in purchasing a , Email and I'll get back to you.

Thanks
Kenneth Stovall Hybarger
13147 N 22nd Ave,
Phoenix, Arizona 85029

A little research found Ken is or was a USPS letter carrier in Phoenix and now makes a living scamming unsuspecting forum members.

So, he has $200 of my money and in the end I want to pass along this lesson.

Don't do business with anyone you can't talk to over the phone. Don't send ANYONE money via Moneygram. Once they have your money, it's gone for good. Sorry folks, but I'm not doing business with you unless I can shake your hand.

Ken, I hope karma smacks you in the ass.

Last edited by LeeBoatright; 02-14-2018 at 11:11 PM.

Jim Willgart has never posted anything on the forum, according to his profile on the OMOC

Thanks both.

This scum sucking a-hole has done me to the tune of $787. About £600. Paid for a Mantzel body kit.

His last msg was "I'll msg you the UPS info tomorrow".

Done some trolljng and found a Kenneth M Hybarger on the internet and FB with an address. He seems to be a 60 - 70 yr old livivng on 4122 Paradise Drive in Pheonix. Az.

But this could be totally false.

His son in law who had a 2nd part of the payment doesn't seem to exist.

So. As you say.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES DO BUSINESS WITH KENNETH HYBARGER OR ASSOCIATES.

Will see if i'm covered as payed with credit card.

41 minutes ago, Alien01 said:

Will see if i'm covered as payed with credit card.

Fingers crossed, that should be your saviour.

I hate reading stories like this, but of course it is a million times worse when you are the victim.

I also contacted Shoddygram on thier Fraud hotline.

Will see what happens.

😠

Also. Last night I emailed him from a friends account and just got this back.

"You don't need to email me again with a different email. I already ship the kits. I lost the tracking number on my way home. Please let me know when you get your kits.. Thanks, Ken".

WE SHALL SEE!!!

Edited by Alien01

9 minutes ago, Alien01 said:

UPDATE

Had phone call today from Shoddygram.

They have now banned Mr Hybarger from ever using thier service again.

Is that it, what about your money?!?!?!

Mr Hybarger must be shaking in his boots lol

All he will do is use another name or Alias to carry on, then transfer the funds to the account that he wants.

Edited by IanMc

I have moved this as it was in the project section. By rights this should be in general discussion but as you're not a member you wouldn't be able to read it. I will leave it here for now but it will be moved in a few days. I have put it here as it seem relevant to people buying and wanting.

I hope you get your money back, good luck with the case.