Ebay: 1984(A) Black Manta (SRi130 engine) Hatch for sale

Agreed on both counts. Some decent photos and a better description would make all the difference. The sun must shine up there occasionally! :)

One thing's for sure, that's the engine that Opel should have fitted to the run-out batch of Exclusives. It would have made all the difference, as it did for the Cavalier SRi.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Monaco Blue said:

Very true, I wouldn't disagree but the 16V was only introduced to the Astra in late 98 by which time it was too late for the Manta. It would have been a giant killer if it had been fitted. 

Hence the reason why there is so many xe engined manta's about.

Gm were allocating a good batch of the next gen engines to the calibra,after the astra and cav.

Ps....I still love the CIH....as i'm still keeping mine going but its getting tired now.

Also I like shaun's hatch,with the nice upgrades and mods,may just need the panintjob to finish depending on tastes.

Edited by evo3000

20 hours ago, Danny D114BCW said:

I like the CIH engine, and in 2.4 version on throttle bodies etc there're the best! 

Your bang on there Dan,and the ultimate CIH that springs to mind is without doubt the Steve James monster albeit in 2.7 form,and to think that sold for about 5k is incredible when you look at todays marketplace.:blink:

1 hour ago, Danny D114BCW said:

Who was steve James? 

My mate mark James had a steel grey 2.7 and that was and will always be my favourite Manta. It was driven properly 100% of the time we had some great laughs in that car. 

Bloody ace 

Doh! that's who I meant,what happened to that in the end did it go to Ireland  by any chance.

• 2 weeks later...

PRICE DROPPED TO 3500 time to admit defeat the colour has killed the resale so if it doesn’t sell by this weekend im going to get it painted back to original white  new wings and bonnet with wheels refurbished in gloss black then someone will end up with a great looking car with some nice mods it’s a great daily driver very comfortable and ultra reliable (hopefully I won’t like it to much that I keep it I have a 400r and a Monaco blue coupe that is currently away with mantasport getting welded ) trying to thin the collection down 👍

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Couple of bits to flat n polish but overall very happy with its new polar white coat 👍

5837E4D7-F4AF-491B-95D9-DBC18E817C45.jpeg

A9D9A65C-AE7F-4A31-8F5F-BABA2F9D570A.jpeg

145E422D-55A6-4EA8-9B30-0D0FA3BD16B0.jpeg

Ignore the tape on rear window had a bad batch of masking tape think its been crossed with super glue

Just realised this is probably in wrong section now I popped it up in projects as it’s not for sale as of yet 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 09/02/2018 at 08:58, mantasrme said:

I've been trying to get Shaun to take better pics of it but his phone is unwilling to do anything usefull. Does look better in the flesh than the pics show.

Still needs to do a better job at the text layout too mate  :P

Re-listed with better photos. Well some of them are!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/opel-manta-sri-130-engine-px-swap-/183298764919?oid=332688293953