Coupe rust repair help and advice required

IanMc

Hi All,

In the next couple of weeks I plan to start on the bodywork of my Cav Coupe.

I still havent carried a thorough survey of all of the crusty areas, but I know already that both sides in front of the rear wheels in the sill and inner arch area is bad - I think I will find something like this:

tn_1 (36).jpg

Thanks to mantaray for posting this photo recently in my project thread. I hope that you don't mind me replicating it here?

My question is, can somebody show me what needs to be welded to what to make this area good and strong again please? Also the location and size of any drain holes would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide me :thumbup

Edited by IanMc

Nice to see another keen to take on a rusty project! My project might help here Restoration of D91 MOP.

There are 3 sections to be welded here before the outer cill goes on, inner cill, section coming down from the rear floor area and also section at the bottom of the b post. Bit hard to explain so pic's better.

If i remember right James (stradacab) had a build thread for Project J, he detailed this section in pictures very clear and in detail try looking there as well.

Good Luck

3 hours ago, bris jas said:

Nice to see another keen to take on a rusty project! My project might help here Restoration of D91 MOP.

There are 3 sections to be welded here before the outer cill goes on, inner cill, section coming down from the rear floor area and also section at the bottom of the b post. Bit hard to explain so pic's better.

If i remember right James (stradacab) had a build thread for Project J, he detailed this section in pictures very clear and in detail try looking there as well.

Good Luck

Thanks Jason, that's just the kind of help I was looking for - much appreciated.