Ebay: 84A Manta 1.8 GT Hatch in red £4995

Nice & shiny! The re-trimmed interior suits it even though it's not OEM. Good to see the door cards front & rear have been re-trimmed to match.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Opel-Manta-GT-1984-Get-ready-for-the-summer/263476892070?hash=item3d587251a6:g:-UEAAOSwgGFaducu

Edited by Monaco Blue

Seems this has sold. The Ebay ad now states they have acquired an Exclusive Coupe for which can be reserved with a deposit. An interesting idea.  

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Opel-Manta-GT-1984-Now-Sold-but-we-have-just-taken-delivery-of-a-Coupe-Exclusive/263476892070?hash=item3d587251a6:g:px8AAOSw86JafwQe

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Beno said:

Not at the minute, Just arrived and need to asses the full car. It is defiantly Monaco Blue though.

Fare play. I'd imagine that might take a while being an Exclusive. :)   I'll take your word for it being Monaco Blue! It looks darker in the photo. 

9 hours ago, Danny D114BCW said:

It’s monaco blue as I am pretty sure this was rescued by us a good few years ago. 

Soon see once the reg is revealed 

9052AAAB-8F69-4367-9042-20596D1913C5.jpeg

Yep thats the same one, needs a bit of love in a few places but Jon will work his way through it all and get it perfect again.

• Like 2

This standard of work is why I got sacked from a job as I refused to put such patches on a vehicle ... Always got moaned at for taking too long and cutting out the rot rather than putting scabby plates over the top of rot .. It only comes back and bites you on the arse in the long run ..Do not worry Danny this is one exclusive that is going to be worth every penny when its done I will put a stamp on it people will remember and by that I mean in a good way :thumbup 

Edited by Beno
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Beno said:

This standard of work is why I got sacked from a job as I refused to put such patches on a vehicle ... Always got moaned at for taking too long and cutting out the rot rather than putting scabby plates over the top of rot .. It only comes back and bites you on the arse in the long run ..Do not worry Danny this is one exclusive that is going to be worth every penny when its done I will put a stamp on it people will remember and by that I mean in a good way :thumbup 

Great save! Will be a real good car when it’s done. It just needs some love 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beno said:

this is one exclusive that is going to be worth every penny when its done I will put a stamp on it people will remember and by that I mean in a good way 

Excellent news! Sounds like it's going to be a cracker once completed!

You are spot-on about bodged repairs but in most cases said repairs aren't expected to last 20 plus years. Most people just want a quick fix to get an MOT. However, cars such as this deserve better.

My own GT/E succumbed to rot when 12 years old when the repairs needed were going to cost more than the car was worth at that time (probably around £500). It went to meet its maker shortly after. 

I doubt you will be selling this one for £4995! ;)

• Like 1