Ebay: 1980(V) Cavalier 1600GLS Sportshatch

This one looks pretty good, or at least it does externally:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vauxhall-cavalier-mk1-sportshatch-64-000-miles-history-motd-gorgeous-rs-2000-era/183044495175?hash=item2a9e4d5747:g:pQQAAOSwp-RacCsP

Nothing too serious on the MOT advisories.

Edited by Monaco Blue

Sure this was for sale not too long ago, seem to remember the bonnet pins, but I am on owd giffer so my mind is dull.

Missing the wheel arch trims & all the badges from the rear so maybe has had some work. (the Vauxhall badge is from a later model, should have individual letters)

I bet that red colour would come up cracking with a T Cut & re-polish.

Yep my old car i sold many moons ago in 2011. It has been resprayed since but is a good car that was neglected after i sold it but has had some money chucked at it recently.

Badges were removed by previous owner whilst it was prepped for respray but never put back on.

I sold it for £950 in January 2011, the only thing wrong with it then was a small amount of grot in one arch & around the fuel filler cap plus it needed a respray due to paint fade.

Sold for £1252 in March 2017

Looking at the present advert it looks like it only needs a small amount of work to get it back to show standard, e.g. repaint the rostyles .

I just think that a starting bid of £3500 is unrealistic, sometimes when you see a car sell with one bid its because the seller gets a mate to bid on it to get the auction going.

I know this car well & its a good car but realistically in its present condition if it was put on with a low starting bid it could make around £2K 

Still a healthy profit for the present owner 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...