Manta i200 at auction

Manta i200 reg C878 DWU known to the Irmscher register, to be auctioned at Anglia car auctions on Jan 27th at there next classic car sale, last motd in 2016.

Ad on car and classics website and on Anglia car auction website.

Might be of interest to somebody.

Edited by chrisb

Indeed! I'd expect it go for double those estimates.

The Irmsher register printout quotes year of registration as 1984. Below in the text it says, 'converted from new in 1985'. The DVLA says it was 1st registered in Dec 86 and Cazana says April 86. Being a C plate means it was registered after Sep 85.

The Anglia Car Auctions webpage also says; 'The sale of the car includes a private registration plate, C12 00B'

What the hell is a 'straight restoration?' if the car is rotten and needing a full restoration i think the estimate is right. I would want to see some interior and underside shots. It looks like it needs some work (lower rear quarters look suspect), screen looks wrong colour and a respray (lose the 400 door decals). Nice reg to go with it though.

• Like 1

If it is an original i200 the interieur must have be the "Blitz" one, same as a "400",

The distributor of the ignition must have another Bosch number than a GT/E and an Irmscher sticker aside on it.

The rocker cover must have a Irmscher sticker with the valve clearence "ventilspiel warm 0.25mm ein-und auslass"

And ofcourse another cam and mecanical cam tappets.

Some details that are important...

• Like 1

A couple of things that didnt look right to me

Washer jets in front bumper and the bumper is fitted wrongly (its pulled upwards to follow the swage lines on the wings)

Wrong 3 piece spoiler (Looks like an exclusive one not the narrow i200 400 one)

Not relevant to being a genuine i200 but why is it completely without wing mirrors?

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 10:29, starmist said:

Does anybody know this car?

Be interested to know what condition it really is in...It's a long way to go for a look.

That manta belongs to or did belong to Phill N of this club.

Conversion done by a Pontefract dealership,and is on irmscher Mans i200 register.

Its got an LSD,and,one of those mega rare irmy rubber rocker covers,obviously lights,boot spoiler,and irmy steering wheel,and the 400 door stripes.(prefer Rothmans)

Hasn't got the blitz interior sadly,the mirrors are not fitted as I recall Phill was going to fit some englemans,in fact I think the car was a keep it on the road and do jobs as and when type affair so a rolling restoration,however i'm pretty sure that it needed the chassis rails doing.:thumbup

Edited by evo3000

Just to add to the above:blink:although its recognized as an i200 by being on the register its a bit of an oddity.

Its not a officially designated i200 manta,which Steve Thompson supplied as we all know:huh:,and although its been given some nice Irmscher goodies its managed to achieve i200 status.

Main thing is its missing the vital i200 ingredients,ie solid lifters,cam,and dizzy:(not forgetting the blitz interior:(and the rothmans stripes which I know were optional as you could have the 400 stripes or nothing at all:blink:

Wheres irmscher Man he knows about all this kind of stuff,anyone seen him:lol:

Anyway heres a little clip of an i200 at watersgate lol....very well known club car and owner....sounds fab:wub:

Spoke to irmscher man the other night about this, he is aware of it going to auction now, apparently it was dealer converted to "i200" spec when new, but didnt have interior fitted and didnt come through the normal Steve Thompson cars route but another dealer thats listed on the anglia auctions website.

I think it was the one listed for sale on here last year that needed new floor pans as it had been repaired with flat steel plates if anyone remembers. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chrisb said:

Spoke to irmscher man the other night about this, he is aware of it going to auction now, apparently it was dealer converted to "i200" spec when new, but didnt have interior fitted and didnt come through the normal Steve Thompson cars route but another dealer thats listed on the anglia auctions website.

I think it was the one listed for sale on here last year that needed new floor pans as it had been repaired with flat steel plates if anyone remembers. 

I don’t think this is that car that had the dodgy floor pans to be honest. 

On 1/16/2018 at 16:53, CRAZYDAVE said:

A couple of things that didnt look right to me

Washer jets in front bumper and the bumper is fitted wrongly (its pulled upwards to follow the swage lines on the wings)

Wrong 3 piece spoiler (Looks like an exclusive one not the narrow i200 400 one)

Not relevant to being a genuine i200 but why is it completely without wing mirrors?

The spoiler looks correct to me and if this was fitted in 1985 the exclusive ones weren’t available. 

I agree it’s strange how there’s no mirrors (not that you can see out of them when they are fitted ha ha)

• Like 2

21 hours ago, chrisb said:

I think the other i200 you mention may of been Blitzi's of this club,which had universal floor pans on,not to sure if he sold it or decided to keep it in the end.

1 hour ago, evo3000 said:

I think the other i200 you mention may of been Blitzi's of this club,which had universal floor pans on,not to sure if he sold it or decided to keep it in the end.

Ah mistook it for this car,

• 2 weeks later...

7 minutes ago, Danny D114BCW said:

That Cav made strong money! 

I wonder who bought the i200? I can imagine it wont be a member and it will be on ebay next week once they have a poke around.

Did it have the correct engine in it?

Depends what you mean by correct engine there mate,...yes it still had the CIH engine,but it was not furnished with the usual goodies like the cam.solid lifters.&uprated dizzy.

However it did have the period and mega rare irmscher rubber rocker cover...cover

Not surprised re the Cavalier. Not many P reg 4-door Cavaliers left in that condition. You never know, maybe an enthusiast picked it up rather than a dealer. 

Slightly surprised the Manta never made a bit more than it did. In saying that, there's no knowing what sort of condition it was really in. Of course, had it been a 'proper' i200 it would have no doubt made quite a lot more no matter if it was a bit crusty underneath.