Ebay: 83A GTE Hatch for sale A666MFC

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't understand why this car hasn't sold yet, its got an MOT looking at the pics it needs a small amount of work to make it  A1.

However if you look at the ads for sale there are at least 4 GTE hatches all in good nick currently for sale in the UK & all are priced around £4500

1 hour ago, Rapierdave said:

I really don't understand why this car hasn't sold yet, its got an MOT looking at the pics it needs a small amount of work to make it  A1.

However if you look at the ads for sale there are at least 4 GTE hatches all in good nick currently for sale in the UK & all are priced around £4500

Agreed. Hopefully the latest buy-it-now price of £5000 might see it sold.  The rust at the bottom of the A-pillar might be putting people off.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Another chance to get A666MFC for those that fancy it. No buy it now this time around and some new photos.

I day say the reserve will be circa £5K+. I also note the plate is up for sale separately.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLASSIC-CAR-OPEL-MANTA-HATCH-BACK-2000-CC-GTE-1983-A-REG-ICONIC-80S-MOTORING/323424606950?hash=item4b4d9bdae6:g:ng4AAOSwm~FbiqHk

9 hours ago, chrisb said:

This is what it looked like when i owned it.

It did look rather nice back then!  I think if it were mine, I'd be tempted to change it back to standard headlamps despite them being inferior in output. The plates would be getting changed back as well. Just doesn't look right. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Irmscher Man said:

I have let Anne Norris know. I know she has always regretted selling it. Would be lovely to see them reunited again, she took it all over Europe every year with her father on holiday and has many happy memories with that car! 

Mick went to look at it for her when it came up for sale a few years ago, and also let her know when it came up for sale a couple of months ago but she decided she didnt want it back.

Im not sure for what reason.

13 hours ago, Irmscher Man said:

I was chatting to Anne a few weeks ago about the various times that the car has come up for sale and not sold and she did seem to have warmed to the idea. I think it may be fate trying to tell her something!

It would be nice for her to have it back,

If i had not bought the Porsche i would be buying it back, Unfortunately with the new garage costs etc funds are at a low at the moment. so theres not a lot i can do about it.

I assumed that it had been sold a few months back as it didnt come back on ebay or gumtree after the last listing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Monaco Blue said:

if that could be had for 4k surely that would be a seriously good buy for someone.given its history,and regardless  of that tiny amount of cosmetic work required

The bread knive dislikes it simply because its red and has the devil sign reg lol.....bad omen......so basically if I bought it she would kill me:D

• Haha 1

Blue cars for me, I have a long sorry tale which most of is in Ian's thread about unlucky car colours but brief lowlights below!

Blue Manta SR rammed by 'joy' riders in a stolen MG Maestro turbo, I almost got out of the way but they still managed to damage the door and rear quarter, Bought my Mum a Triumph T2000 of all things in that pale blue colour that was about in the 70's had it 2 weeks and my mate had borrowed it and broke down outside his Mum's house, went to collect it and it was gone! 2 blokes turned up with a flatbed claiming I'd done a deal with them for it and She gave them the keys :(

Company A5 was hit by an unmanned Clio rolling down the hill in Marple Bridge!  A hand me down company car Landrover Discovery from one of the 'big' bosses, was well chuffed with it til the oil light come on and the engine started making worrying sounds, called out the AA told the bloke not to turn it over and could he please instead just take it to the garage, he insisted he knew better and turned it over, seized it :angry:

Trouble is I'll never learn as blue is my favourite colour :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...