Ebay: 83A GTE Hatch for sale A666MFC

It was Annies car guys, she bought it new from Pedestal garage in High Wycombe and had it till about  1998/1999 then i bought it from her had it for about a year and sold it to a guy in Oxford who changed it about a bit, after that it fell into a state of disrepair but now looks like its been ressurected.

Glad to see it survives.

Edited by chrisb

7 minutes ago, saving mantis said:

Nice car, love the registration plates,, are they legal guys?

Black & Silver plates used to be legal on cars registered before January 1st 1973 however i believe that since the government changed the rules on historic vehicle class to a 40 year rolling rule then once your car qualifies for historic vehicle tax then legally you can fit the "older style" plates.

I tend to prefer cars to wear the plates that would have been fitted in that year. My 1972 Manta is fitted with black & silver plates but when it was supplied new i believe it had Yellow & white plates as from that era most new cars were being fitted with the new style plates & the old style plates were being phased out 

IMG_20170725_153623209_HDR.thumb.jpg.d7b9cf992b0c3cbc0c80ff627ace708d.jpg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rapierdave said:

Black & Silver plates used to be legal on cars registered before January 1st 1973 however i believe that since the government changed the rules on historic vehicle class to a 40 year rolling rule then once your car qualifies for historic vehicle tax then legally you can fit the "older style" plates.

I tend to prefer cars to wear the plates that would have been fitted in that year. My 1972 Manta is fitted with black & silver plates but when it was supplied new i believe it had Yellow & white plates as from that era most new cars were being fitted with the new style plates & the old style plates were being phased out 

IMG_20170725_153623209_HDR.thumb.jpg.d7b9cf992b0c3cbc0c80ff627ace708d.jpg

Being honest I agree. Black plates on newer cars look awful! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ®evo03 said:

Another Nice wee car, plates are dead on, em...... 666, nice! Cars looks clean and straight, nice entry level honest car. Why are these not advertised on here?

It is a cracking manta mate for sure......the seller has got it in the cars for sale section also :)

Edited by evo3000

5 hours ago, ®evo03 said:

Another Nice wee car, plates are dead on, em...... 666, nice! Cars looks clean and straight, nice entry level honest car. Why are these not advertised on here?

If you join the OMOC then you get full access to all the forum topics including the cars for sale section.

It is definitely worth paying the £25 fee to join 

• Like 1

Seller wanted £6000 ono for the car which i thought was a fair price.

At £3800 someone has got a bargain imo, 

Agree with Chris at that price i would have thought about buying it, i reckon it might have possibly gone to a dealer.

Expect to see it up for sale again soon.

• Like 1

That went for peanuts considering that car has some history. As ChrisB says, it was bought new by Anne Norris (OMOC Member number 1) and she kept it original for many years. I followed it on several occasions all around Europe and up and down the M6 to shows in the North West. It would look so much better with the correct era plates on though but each to their own.

Whoever picked that car up has managed to get a little bit of OMOC history. It was at the first OMOC meeting ever held, and also at the first Concour's at the Buckby Lion Inn, Northants(1986?).....when it was less than 12 months old! It has been to countless Opel shows around Europe and regularly went with Anne to Switzerland every year for some enthusiastic driving up and down some famous mountain passes. It has lived an interesting life, so its great that it is still about. Has anyone told Anne I wonder? I may write to her and let her know (she doesn't really "do" computers).

Here is Anne with A666 in the early 90's at the Kit Car Show. I believe this may have been the year with the Fiesta XR2 ended up in the pond, across from where we were camping!

Anne Norris003.jpg

• Like 1

When I've finished with the House Move Danny, I will start to trawl through all my old photos and get them scanned. Im trying out a few photo scanning apps at the moment to see which ones work the best. I've just deleted Photomyne as the "free" app wanted to start charging me after 3 days....no mention of that in the App write up and that really fecks me off.

I'm sure I must have some of your car from 20+ years ago!

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, bris jas said:

Just noticed it back up for sale!

On Ebay

Ye well spotted

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OPEL-MANTA-HATCH-BACK-2000-CC-GTE-1983-A-REG-ICONIC-80S-MOTORING/323046552832?hash=item4b37133500:g:Y-YAAOSwFMdac2Dd

Someone paid a £150 deposit then had a change of mind/someone is going to get a nice manta here looking at irmscher mans posts regarding the cars history.

I,m gonna keep an eye on this one myself,, however i,m still all over the place as to what i want... ie project/road and or rally or just road car..one thing is for sure is that this car deserves road status and not rally...its a beaut !

• Like 1