1989 Manta GSi coupe. 17000Km in Anthracite

Presumably this is for sale but no price is quoted:

https://www.automobile-lopp.de/autohaus/klassiker/opel-manta-gsi-1989/

A bit of an odd one if it was registered in Nov. 89 and being in Anthracite, discontinued in 85.

There's also this 89 Kadett GSi 16 with 7000 Km on theclock:

https://www.automobile-lopp.de/autohaus/klassiker/opel-kadett-e-gsi-16v-1989/

Edited by Monaco Blue

You will need to form an orderly queue behind me! :D  .....after a decent Lottery payout! One wonders how much they are looking for! 

I notice it's got the Chicago grey interior which is wrong for the Anthracite paintwork. Something about it rings alarm bells. Still very tasty though! 

• Like 1

The question is, is it worth £30K? Now had it been an Exclusive perhaps. Debatable for sure though.... 

2 hours ago, john unkles said:

They are asking 35.000 euro

Do you know how much they are looking for the 16V Kadett GSi? Much the same if not more probably! 

I would never comment on the price of any car, high or low, i mean when you buy a house do you comment on the price, of every house, If its not for you, move on.

Just look at the price of a 400 manta/ ascona, never my cut of tea, due to the fear, if it needs a impossible to get part. They are rare, but are they the rarest! Maybe a 1.8 standard coupe is rarer today, maybe not!  but what this black gte has over any 400 ive ever seen is the one owner, and low mileage. Its unrestored. and in my eyes thats like hens teeth! 

You can spend thousands on restoring any car, an average joe manta, restored, high mileage, several owners, if its 8k now, in 5 years, 12k, its always a restored average joe manta, not the best money can buy.

i think the rarest of any manta b model, is a underrated, small engine, early 76 81 manta b, with black / chrome bumpers, or a manta 1.8 coupe. It doesnt mean it will ever be at 400 prices. 

But have to say the black gte advertised is very, very nice,  nicer that a new gti golf.

Edited by ®evo03
sp
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, ®evo03 said:

I would never comment on the price of any car, high or low, i mean when you buy a house do you comment on the price, of every house, If its not for you, move on.

Just look at the price of a 400 manta/ ascona, never my cut of tea, due to the fear, if it needs a impossible to get part. They are rare, but are they the rarest! Maybe a 1.8 standard coupe is rarer today, maybe not!  but what this black gte has over any 400 ive ever seen is the one owner, and low mileage. Its unrestored. and in my eyes thats like hens teeth! 

You can spend thousands on restoring any car, an average joe manta, restored, high mileage, several owners, if its 8k now, in 5 years, 12k, its always a restored average joe manta, not the best money can buy.

i think the rarest of any manta b model, is a underrated, small engine, early 76 81 manta b, with black / chrome bumpers, or a manta 1.8 coupe. It doesnt mean it will ever be at 400 prices. 

But have to say the black gte advertised is very, very nice,  nicer that a new gti golf.

Fair comments. It does make this 1.8 Berlinetta sound a bit cheap now.

http://borderreivers.co/portfolio/opal-manta-berlinetta-1-8s/

5 hours ago, Monaco Blue said:

Fair comments. It does make this 1.8 Berlinetta sound a bit cheap now.

http://borderreivers.co/portfolio/opal-manta-berlinetta-1-8s/

Not really as its a hatch, a very nice hatch mind you.

A car is worth what someone is willing to pay, advertised prices make interesting conversation but it's the final selling price that matters.

• Like 1

I'm sure this one has cropped up before a few years ago, certianly seen an advert for a very low milage Manta GSi in Germany a few years back, maybe there are two of them and showroom fresh Mantas are not uncommon in Germany !!

The price of any car goes and down,l sold my Manta last year (should have never sold it) for very good money 

at the present time l have a VW Corrado 2.0 16 v in excellent condition,which I am selling (so l can get a Manta)

But can’t sell it at this time for what l think is worth,so l will keep it .this is the Manta l soldimage.thumb.jpeg.37aeddc3d30924383a7849095b705eda.jpegep it