Brake Fluid Reservoir Wiring

IanMc

Could somebody please confirm that my brake fluid reservoir should have wiring to it.

I seem to recall that my previous Coupe's had this to complete a circuit and light a lamp on the dash when the fluid is low of course. Strangely my Haynes manual does not mention it, either in the text or in the wiring diagram...

There is nothing attached on this car, but there is some wiring in the area - please see below:

ULJs4vC.jpg

I have had a look at the cap to try to see some obvious metal connection points, but to be honest it is so grubby in that area it is difficult to see clearly.The Brown wire in the phot is connected at one end to the end of the master cylinder and the (larger) Black wire goes off through the bulkhead behind the washer fluid reservoir.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice that you can provide.  :thumbup

The cap of your reservoir looks one to have that switch, unscrew the cap and look if there is a floater hanging

under your cap. That floater activates the switch to light the lamp on your dash, by the way: the same lamp is the hand-brake

warning light! 

4 hours ago, H-400 said:

The cap of your reservoir looks one to have that switch, unscrew the cap and look if there is a floater hanging

under your cap. That floater activates the switch to light the lamp on your dash, by the way: the same lamp is the hand-brake

warning light! 

Great - many thanks Herman, much appreciated!

6 hours ago, wayne ingham said:

Have tried to do the computer thing l can’t work it out 

Hi Wayne,

No problem at all, thanks for trying and sorry for causing you some stress. 

In actual fact I have managed to get the cap contacts repaired and the unit wired in now. Please take a look at my project thread for further details.

Thanks again for all your help!