Ebay: 86C Oriental Blue GTE Coupe for sale

A rare one!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/opel-manta-gte-low-mileage/232615339797?hash=item3628f46715:g:ZYMAAOSw3RZaSWKn

'....welcome to the auction of this Opel manta gte 2  Litre  . Only 3 owners from new very low miles of 74000 backed up with every mot from the first one to the last one . Same owner since 1996  21 years . Date of registration 1986 , rare colour oriental blue which looks green , totally original and  genuine car , every tax disc, arches are fine, under the bonnet is excellent , the panels up both sides of the car are exceptional condition no ripples and paint has no blemishes. the interior  is unmarked the dash is excellent no cracks ect the windows all round are original etched with the registration , no stereo, all electrics work, original alloys, have not got centre caps, original service book, lots of bills ect, mot has run out and will require a new headlight due to one of the glass has cracked, starts and drives great no mechanical issues new battery oil change ect my opinion  to make this car mint and  stunning and a show car and worth serious money I'd paint the bonnet and the roof and front bumper. the bonnet has rust coming through at the bottom of the bonnet look at pictures and the roof is showing it's age as it's blistering around the sunroof  , the sunroof doesn't leak, starts on the button ,  had welding done over the years when needed with receipts , under neath is fine , under the boot is fine , no reserve  a very sad sale due to being with me for 21 years but ready for someone else to enjoy a great investment and  rarely come up for sale especially with 74000 miles with mot and only 3 keepers 

Will upload lots of  pictures tomorrow....'

I've seen this car locally for years now. For about 2 to 3 years it's just been parked up on the drive unused. I think this and my manta are the only ones  left here in this area. Locally registered too here in  Southend, providing dealer probably  came from jessups or macs garage. Hope it finds a good home it deserves. Only thing that stopped me knocking on the door is I suspected they would know the real value of it.... 

• Like 1

I think if they knew the real value of it they would have tried to keep it under cover or whatever, not that that might have stopped the tinworm. Leading edge of the bonnet has gone at least. Interior looks good apart from the baggy seats. 

Definitely one worth saving! 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Strange. It must be crusty underneath as yet again no chassis pictures 

Just now, TheRealExile said:

Quick 1500 ish quid profit if they turn it round, don't seem to have done anything to it by the looks of the pictures. Although they will have had to ship it over there.....not sure what that costs?

They have taped up the passenger light!

7 minutes ago, Danny D114BCW said:

Strange. It must be crusty underneath as yet again no chassis pictures 

They have taped up the passenger light!

Ha Ha..... might do that to mine if it adds £1500 quid to the price.

Was thinking the same about the underneath or somethings up if they are moving it straight on.

'had welding done over the years when needed with receipts'  ........... Maybe it's rough and not been ground back etc?

Shame as it's a nice colour.

Edited by TheRealExile
add

It doesn't look too bad from the photos. Agreed re the colour. Wasn't keen on it back in the day but I do like it now!

It had a clean MOT history between 2009 & 2014 with no advisories. A bit of corrosion before that back in 2006 at 71K miles:

Nearside Front Subframe mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded (2.4.A.3)

Offside Front Subframe mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded (2.4.A.3)

Offside Rear Seat belt anchorage prescribed area is excessively corroded (5.2.6)

Edited by Monaco Blue

The time this had sat outside, it will be crusty underneath. I used to drive past it often enough. It was parked in the road for ages, then it got moved onto the drive. I remember that about 5 years ago as there were two unused mantas parked up within a mile of each other.   Which leaves me the only one locally to still own one..