A series paint codes

Thomas77GR

hi all and a merry Christmas to everyone. My a seies is currently in the workshop and will be fully painted in the beginning of the new year :) they have asked me for the paint code. Mine is the orange / flame red (like general lee) does anyone have the paint code for that? Also keen on the codes for the berlinetta metallic chocolate brown and metallic orange (or burnt orange) if they came in that ever thanks a lot in advance. Quick response needed please! Thomas

Hi Thomas,

I believe these are the colours for the Manta A. The first page is 1970-74 and the 2nd is  74-75.

I owned a citrus yellow Manta A, back in the 70's.

Am sure I have a list of paint codes too? had a look though my large collection of A4 folders and could not find it.

Try google the Opel paint colour your interested in and also search Opel GT and some of the colours were the same.

Suggest you get a sample rattle can made up, before you commit to the final colour.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Cheers....... Mal

Edited by Manta Mal

This may help Thomas, I'm glad to hear you're getting your car done, would love to see some pics when it's finished.

https://www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au/colour_swatch_opel_1970

If you want to go for a modern colour instead, I always thought the metallic orange they use on the Focus ST would work well on an A, nearly did my Siegelrot (Signal Red) one in that colour.

Edited by 1900SR
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Steve, I have passed the above link /paint codes to the bodyshop to be informed that these are no longer available. What is the best /closest match to the original orange paint for A series manta? I will try to upload some photos of the ongoing restoration.