2.0 16v eoc/tec x20xev swap

paul crow

hi there would like some help from all you good people out there. trying to fit a vauxhall omega 2.0 16v x20xev engine and box  ,the problem i have is...... i have a sump for a red top engine ,but this engine has some sort of strengthening frame work under the sump, it looks like a griddle that you get on an open fire. Do i have to keep this or is there an alternative sump ? As the red top sump i have is not deep enough to cover the frame work. TIA

• 2 months later...

Hi this the balance shafts you can remove although you will need to add grub screws into the main bearing caps and put them in with thread lock 

I have done this conversion with modified sump plate and then big wing sump from manta 1800 gte

you can buy big wing sump all steel on eBay for about £250 as Alloy ones are so hard to find now 

any questions I can help you out 

andy 

Forgot to mention that what is your eco tech from was it a front wheel drive or rear wheel drive model 

as the oil pump and pick up pipe work connection differs there are 2 types and you may have to change the oil pump to get the right fitting for  the manta 1800 pick up pipe 

there this a round type or oval type the round type is what is required 

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=x20vex+removal+of+balance+shaft&prmd=visn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjw-6W31OzYAhUMJsAKHdOvDN0Q_AUIEigC&biw=768&bih=917#imgrc=yGsuHpedCy17xM: