Non return valve location in fuel line 1.8 GT/J Carb 1982 preparing for winter hibernation

discodas

Hi, Just preparing to put our manta into hibernation, and have pondered about the installation of a NRV to try and maintain petrol in the lines, where does it go? and is this the type of thing you use?

And has any one used fuel saver type preserver, not sure if I asked this before but I've slept.

https://www.carbuildersolutions.com/de/aluminium-non-return-valve-10mm

image.thumb.png.d9298c004c865a7346eb4cd47f59c62b.png

Just one other thing do any of you remove plugs and pop some engine oil in via a syringe to save the cylinders drying out?, she will be out of action from Mid Nov to late spring unless we have a warm spell.

cheers in advance

Disco

Pointless fitting the NRV valve as modern fuel goes off after a few months which may make starting the car next year a problem. Best thing is the drain the fuel system, make sure the cooling system has plenty of antifreeze in it.

Take the plugs out and squirt a little oil down the bores and turn the motor over by hand just to line the bores and put the plugs back in. Another thing i would do if possible is to sit the can on axle stands so the wheels are off the ground and then let the air out and this will stop the tyres getting a flat spots.

There are loads of other things you can do just depends how far you want the go 

Cheers

Andy

• Thanks 1