Hi folks I'm Cordell Aka ¢ordy$hine as I'm a paint sprayer. I live in Milton Keynes. Haven't had my latest Manta long. It's in pieces already eagerly awaiting a colour change. Not sure if any other members live in Buckinghamshire area? Cheers guys

¢ordy$hine

Hi Cordell and welcome to the forum. 

There are a few members in the area and one of our active forum members lives in Woburn Sands. I'm sure Ian will pop along and say hello at some stage. I'm only up in Northants, so a short trip up the A5. 

If that's your Manta, it's a great colour. Looks fantastic. 

Cheers,

Paul. 

18 hours ago, Irmscher Man said:

Hi Cordell and welcome to the forum. 

There are a few members in the area and one of our active forum members lives in Woburn Sands. I'm sure Ian will pop along and say hello at some stage. I'm only up in Northants, so a short trip up the A5. 

If that's your Manta, it's a great colour. Looks fantastic. 

Cheers,

Paul. 

Thanks Paul. It's been resprayed Subaru ice blue. It has a few bubbles as it was resprayed seven years ago. I bit like me showing my age!! Will it be worth more if it was opel white or will it not make much difference. Cheers

2 hours ago, ¢ordy$hine said:

Thanks Paul. It's been resprayed Subaru ice blue. It has a few bubbles as it was resprayed seven years ago. I bit like me showing my age!! Will it be worth more if it was opel white or will it not make much difference. Cheers

I think that colour suits the Manta well albeit not an OEM colour. I don't think it would affect its value much if at all. 

There was another up for sale earlier in the year a very similar colour. 

1 hour ago, TheRealExile said:

I think Coupes look great in white although the colour you have looks really well. I'm going to keep mine black though but that's just my own preference.

My last Manta B coupe was black with coarse sparkle which popped in the sunshine. I too think coupes look nice in white. It could maybe do weddings!! Not sure if you get lots of people asking you stuff where ever you park up. Ive never owned a car which attracts this much attention. Cheers

1 minute ago, Monaco Blue said:

I think that colour suits the Manta well albeit not an OEM colour. I don't think it would affect its value much if at all. 

There was another up for sale earlier in the year a very similar colour. 

That was probably this one. It came from Burnley. It was blue. I have some old photos of it Monoco  blue. Cheers

1 hour ago, ¢ordy$hine said:

My last Manta B coupe was black with coarse sparkle which popped in the sunshine. I too think coupes look nice in white. It could maybe do weddings!! Not sure if you get lots of people asking you stuff where ever you park up. Ive never owned a car which attracts this much attention. Cheers

That was probably this one. It came from Burnley. It was blue. I have some old photos of it Monoco  blue. Cheers

Ahha! I thought it looked familiar! On closer inspection I recognised the wheels and boot spoiler. What are your plans for it? 

Your last B coupe was probably Starmist Black. 

Personally, I really like the Ice Blue, really suits the coupe and is a bit different. Not surprised it attracts attention as it really stands out. Like Monaco Blue says, I don’t think it will detract from the value, especially if it is a nice paint job and you certainly sound like the man to get that sorted properly. If it were me, I’d keep it that colour and that is coming from someone that usually loves originality!

be great to see you at a meeting at some stage in the future. Love to see the car in the flesh too. 

Regards,

Paul. 

On 09/10/2017 at 09:03, Danny D114BCW said:

Yes that's the colour it used to be and then i think Steve who you got the car off had it painted the ice blue it is now. 

On 09/10/2017 at 09:03, Danny D114BCW said:

Yes that's the colour it used to be and then i think Steve who you got the car off had it painted the ice blue it is now. 

Wow. I haven't seen that image, I think it looked lush that colour whatever colour name that was. That's made my day thankyou Danny. 

PSX_20170924_125457.jpg

• Like 1

Hello Cordell, You live in Milton Keynes ? your right on my doorstep !!

I am the cheif Manta Nutter of North Bucks ! i live in Woburn Sands, there are two more Manta owners in Milton Keynes and several Vauxhall / Opel addicts around immediate area.

The colour of your Manta is what Opel should have painted Mantas in, it suits the shape so well, they could have done this back in the day, there was a metallic light blue colour in the Opel range called Helios Blue that was contempory with late Mantas. Monzas, Senators and Carltons were available in this blue ( reputedly there were a very few Carlton GSi in Helios Blue and finding one of these is what Carlton enthusiast dream of ! )

21 hours ago, MANTAMAN said:

Hello Cordell, You live in Milton Keynes ? your right on my doorstep !!

I am the cheif Manta Nutter of North Bucks ! i live in Woburn Sands, there are two more Manta owners in Milton Keynes and several Vauxhall / Opel addicts around immediate area.

The colour of your Manta is what Opel should have painted Mantas in, it suits the shape so well, they could have done this back in the day, there was a metallic light blue colour in the Opel range called Helios Blue that was contempory with late Mantas. Monzas, Senators and Carltons were available in this blue ( reputedly there were a very few Carlton GSi in Helios Blue and finding one of these is what Carlton enthusiast dream of ! )

Nice to get aqquanted Mantaman. Yes I live in Milton Keynes, the land of no speed cameras and lots of fun. Not to far from you. I having a few say I should respray it the same colour again. I'm slowly come around to that conclusion. I got a number today of a company who 'glass blast' so I'm going to drop off the wing and some stuff this week. They seem very reasonable. Will let the club know how things transpire. Take care all. 

22 hours ago, MANTAMAN said:

The owner of my local Vauxhall/Opel dealer ran an X plate SRB Hatch at the time that was pale blue metallic. It wasn't called Helios Blue back then but it was a similar (OEM) colour. Looked really nice with the ATS alloys, tinted glass & sunroof. I aways had my eye on it, but by the time it was for sale a year or so later, funds were a bit low.