New project!

zublet

Hey guys,

I've been on the lookout for a Manta for a while now and had a brief chance to get out and buy one whilst back on R&R (currently deployed to the mid east). Well I stumbled across this beauty of an unmolested 1.8S hatch, a few weeks later it was back in my garage patiently awaiting my return to the UK :)

She's spent the best part of 20 years unmoved in a garage with the same owner. He used to take her on trips over to Europe on long road trips so she's done some miles over the years (but been well loved).

I'm undecided on the best course of action at the moment as it's clearly evident that there is some welding work to carry out. Just from what i've seen from looking around/ under with a torch it's going to want new rear arches, some attention to the front chassis rails, bubbling on the sill/ floorpan joints etc...

The good news is that the welding work does not look extensive and as it's extremely unmolested I don't believe she's hiding many surprises for me. I think in the short term i'll get her through an MOT and use on decent days for a year or so, before stripping down and completing a more major restoration when i've got all the parts and tools in place.

Anyway enough talk, here's a couple of pictures.. i'm very excited ^_^

All the best,

Sam.

IMG_2963.JPG

IMG_2967.JPG

IMG_2972.JPG

IMG_2969.JPG

• Like 8

• 2 months later...
On 26/09/2017 at 15:05, zublet said:

Hey guys,

I've been on the lookout for a Manta for a while now and had a brief chance to get out and buy one whilst back on R&R (currently deployed to the mid east). Well I stumbled across this beauty of an unmolested 1.8S hatch, a few weeks later it was back in my garage patiently awaiting my return to the UK :)

She's spent the best part of 20 years unmoved in a garage with the same owner. He used to take her on trips over to Europe on long road trips so she's done some miles over the years (but been well loved).

I'm undecided on the best course of action at the moment as it's clearly evident that there is some welding work to carry out. Just from what i've seen from looking around/ under with a torch it's going to want new rear arches, some attention to the front chassis rails, bubbling on the sill/ floorpan joints etc...

The good news is that the welding work does not look extensive and as it's extremely unmolested I don't believe she's hiding many surprises for me. I think in the short term i'll get her through an MOT and use on decent days for a year or so, before stripping down and completing a more major restoration when i've got all the parts and tools in place.

Anyway enough talk, here's a couple of pictures.. i'm very excited ^_^

All the best,

Sam.

IMG_2963.JPG

IMG_2967.JPG

IMG_2972.JPG

IMG_2969.JPG

Iv got a one the double of that without the engine and box sitting covered up on my drive on a d reg berlinetta hatch with loads of stuff chassis legs swan necks been doing bought it for parts and it's got a tow bar on it . No wings light or front bumper but the same .ps black aswell 80  % body ok .

Edited by philip1971