Monaco Blue

B255JPH: 84 Berlinetta Hatch for sale: £15999

Danny D114BCW    684

What a nice car, its been for sale for a while (not a shock when its £16k!) 

I hope it goes to a museum as its a rare car that but regretfully i think its worth about £6000 on a very good day but hope and wish to be proved wrong.

mantadoc    379

Yup it's not a coupe and not a GTE.  Two things that are always going to limit it.  Few people use a Manta as a daily anymore, I did for 20 years but rust takes it's toll, so hatch back practicality is not really a desirable second car characteristic.

Monaco Blue    102

Not sure what it's worth, but it does make that Dolphin Grey GTE Exclusive Hatch look like a bargain at £7500! :)

Given it's apparent mint condition, 1-owner from new up till this year (has changed hands twice this year), and almost advisory free MOT's for the last 10 years plus, I'd have thought it could make £10K.

When you look at what mint Mk.1 Astra GTE 's have been retailing at (£15-20K) and Mk.2 16V GTE's (up to £15K) Manta's are still relatively undervalued. 

In reality, as has been said before, it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay out, and as Mantadoc says, it is a Berlinetta and a hatch, so who knows! The burnt orange and brown interior is also a bit of an acquired taste IMHO. Never liked them when new and 35 years on my opinion hasn't changed! :)

Edited by Monaco Blue
  • Like 1

Rapierdave    483

Got to agree with Danny on this one 

we all hope it sells for a good price but £15999 is pie in the sky

Also agree with Monaco blue that £7500 for that 16v Exclusive hatch seems a bargain in comparison.

evo3000    425
36 minutes ago, Danny D114BCW said:

It's not a 16v. It's running a modified 2ltr cih 

That makes it even better than a 16v IMHO  too.:mellow:

Edited by evo3000
  • Like 1

chrisb    29

That was up at a different dealers a few months back for £6995. It was offered by the original seller for £4500 on here originally.

Monaco Blue    102
17 hours ago, chrisb said:

That was up at a different dealers a few months back for £6995. It was offered by the original seller for £4500 on here originally.

Ah! That one! http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C868397

It was down on the South coast if I recall correctly. It didn't get much attention on here at the time, probably as there were no photos posted. Would have been a snip at £4500!

Edited by Monaco Blue

chrisb    29

I spoke to Ben when he posted it up. But didn't follow it up. I must admit when I saw pics of it I was pretty miffed with myself. As you say at 4500 it was a bargain.