Manta GTE convertable on Gumtree

Id love to no why people spoil designs like this , did they not get the answer with the cav , that flopped . Bloody keep it , and put it back out the way of people, not so bad if the design could be a hard top version in every detail as a normal roof so you would neither no the differents and get away from like make up on a person covering it up .

Edited by philip1971
  • Like 1

Despite the protestations, I think it looks rather smart and wouldn't say no. It's certainly streets ahead of all the others we have seen for sale recently. It does look like a good one and spotless inside & out. The re-trimmed Recaro's look lovely.

The main reason the Centaur never sold particularly well was basically down to price. It had a 100% mark-up on the donor car.

Registered in June 1988. I notice the MOT history goes back to 2006 shows no advisories whatsoever.

Edited by Monaco Blue
  • Like 1

Sorry but imho it looks a bit weird, the original Cavalier Centaur had a T bar roof which suited the frameless doors. In this conversion it appears to have had the roof skin removed but the strengtheners above the door glass left in.

I think a Targa top conversion would have looked better or maybe left as it was even if the sunroof was going to get rusty ;) 

Edited by Rapierdave
  • Like 1

It might of been done properly by the oldest cabby manufactures , and had strengthened added but it was never built or designed as a cabby , the body was tested and prudused as a shell with a roof only , not bothered , but as anybody would be really worried about the hole she'll weekend and other parts as well , plus its crap , i wye not been seen in it atal .

11 hours ago, Danny D114BCW said:

Non sunroof? Coupe Philip? 

No ok but rot around the sun roof .

most cars root underneath wye manta roofs and bottoms I no about the drainage but .

It's certainly a bit different to th Centaur. In a way, I prefer the lines on this more and this one does look like it has been well cared for. I note it has sold now, so someone thought it was worth the asking price. And people say mantas aren't fetching good money at the moment......pah! 

On 09/08/2017 at 08:29, Danny D114BCW said:

My god! not only have they ruined an exclusive coupe, but they have ruined a starmist black one! how rare are they!

Looks like someone grabbed a zimmer and rammed it in the back when nobody was looking with the roof down!!! With roof up looks like they found my tent which blew away on my first camping trip twenty years ago!!!! The tent has survived very well!!! :lol: