fjhrtd.jpg

2q3q43m.jpg

2w557de.jpg

2u8gfue.jpg

24aziif.jpg

zjjypk.jpg

2qdqv4k.jpg

mtt4qp.jpg

The day after we drove to the south, avoiding highways.

We wanted to take some nice pics but all the great places were parked full with tourists...

2z9a0qs.jpg

The ferry took us back to France, an impression driving in the dark:

2gvrc4x.jpg

This was something to do again!

• Like 6

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone,

Please please please hoping one of you can help me!!! My Dad used to own this car back when i was 10 and he's regretted selling it ever since, i wanted to surprise him for christmas and try and find it and i've tracked it down to this forum! I'm down in Dundalk, county Louth right now so if it's still in Ireland i would really really really like to get in touch with the current owner and maybe see if i could go up to get an updated picture with me with it (My dad has one of me with it was i was 10!) He recently spoke to someone through EBay i think who told him it was in Belfast so i'm hoping it's still somewhere round there, if any of you recognise his name please please contact me i'm desperate to find this car before i go home at christmas! His name was Dave Boorer!!

Thank you guys!!!!

On 15/07/2017 at 09:37, adamgreen828@gmail.com said:

Hi all, I've not been on here for a few years now but noticed Rallyday are celebrating 30 years of the last International Rally win for the Manta.

The Rallyday website says its trying to pull together the largest selection of road and rally Mantas.  I was wondering if any of my old cars were likely to be there?

B600 OEA -White i240

D600 DFK - Silver i240

C888 VWD - White i200

I've not seen any of these cars since the late 80's / early 90's and it would be lovely to be reunited with them. I've tried to keep track of their whereabouts over the past few years but haven't seen much posted about the cars on here recently. I beleive all three cars are now located in Ireland?

Woukd be lovely to see a nice collection of Manta's at this event.

Thanks in advance,

Adam.

Adam, is there any chance you know where the Opel Manta Silver i240 - D600 DFK is located? Or are you in contact with the current owner by any chance!?

Hi Aimee,

i remember when your dad owned the i240. If I recall he sold it to a guy called Paul Jinks in Coventry who had the car for a number of years. I was interested in buying from Paul back in the late 90’s but lack of storage space and 3 other Mantas scuppered that plan!

When Paul sold it, it went over to Ireland, where I believe it has stayed since then. Nice car and certainly in good shape still from what I have seen.