So close, then.....

plumster

Disaster....

Taking the car to the mechanics for a pre MOT service & whatnot after two years, only gone & lost one of the new wheels ..........

Damn, blast, spuds, todgers & many other unpleasantries, I am a little down at the moment.

So, chaps I need you now more than ever, I need a wing, side skirt & chrome trim, rather urgently, can anyone help?

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

I am suspecting that the spigot ring fell out while I was struggling to get the wheel on, cos their big awkward bitches, and even though I went round all the wheels & cinched em up before setting off... ah well the rest is history.

The rings had dropped out on a couple of occasions while wheel fitting, will have to check garage floor later & see if the rascal is lurking somewhere.

I actually pulled up a few hundred yards back because it started flapping & I thought a tyre had gone down (brand new wheels & tyres never been on the road before), everything looked OK so set off again steadily, then wallop wheel jumped off.

But my trials & tribulations pale to insignificance with what happened in that tower block in London.

7 hours ago, Paul Barrett said:

Gutted for you mate. I've had similar in the past.

i may have that trim piece, should be same as a coupe from when I had mine

That will be great if you have it, cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks, sorted a wing (thanks Dan) & sideskirt (thanks Dan)....

Now just need a front nearside chrome wheelarch trim, preferably new but a good used one may have to do.

What you got hiding away?  Cheers, Sam.

• 1 month later...

Well, while I have been away in the Netherlands my lovely mechanic chap has moved the car to the body shop & work will start next week, trouble is won't be worth putting on the road now til next year.

But will be nice to have it back, in one peice & fully up to sexy goodness.....:lol:

• 2 months later...

That is looking really good, The front chin spoiler works very well with the side skirts, perhaps better than the facelift front of a Manta.

I'm undecided about the wheels, they actually look period correct, back when this Cavalier was young a popular wheel was the Weller Steel competition wheel, availble in white and chrome, the style of this wheel was not unlike the current wheels on this Cavalier, maybe myself i'd have gone for this wheel but with centers painted gunmetal grey leaving a silver rim, but wheels are an emotive subject and what one persons thinks is great another will question.

Thanks for the positive comments chaps, re the wheels: the car has had 13" polished Wofrace slots on since 1985 but I always thought they looked too small with a 60 profile tyre. I love the new ones (just as well as I bought the rascals) :thumbup

We are back home... looks like a nice job, had a couple of other bits tidied while at it.

Took the opportunity to clean up & refit the passenger seat, it's come up really nice with some leather cleaner, if Mrs B asked me to do this with the household furniture I would think she had gone mad !!

I see now what a great job the trimmer did when he made the seats for me all those years ago.

Thanks Club members for the bits, it's how we keep em going.

• Like 3

• 6 months later...