Manta 400r

peter evans

I’m using that just so I can get it moving will be on the lookout for a sequential box 

Bit more done today boxes all welded up inside and outside the car 

time to start prepping the car for spraying underneath car in boot and in car inc engine bay will be sprayed first so it will be rebuilt and running 

car exterior will be painted next spring as I don’t have a heated booth 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Edited by peter evans

Car all been stone chipped underneath 

will be painting white tomorrow and white in engine bay inside car and boot so by the weekend it will be Up and running once more 

the  outside won’t be done until February/March next year as I’m due for my hernia surgery  but will keep pics coming 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, peter evans said:

Thanks.... I just love the dark night means I can crack on with the project  should be running by the weekend ........................................... I’ll post a video if all goes well thanks petet

Are your nights longer than mine! 

Running buy the weekend? What? No way......If thats the case, i have one for you next, another green one, getting it running for christmas, early christmas present! 

I will even take yours in part exchange for a shake down 

1 hour ago, ®evo03 said:

Are your nights longer than mine! 

Running buy the weekend? What? No way......If thats the case, i have one for you next, another green one, getting it running for christmas, early christmas present! 

I will even take yours in part exchange for a shake down 

Engine and box already bolted to the crossmember it will be running this week end but still got loads to do  I’ll have no fitting issues as it’s been dry fitted last year so all will be straight forward 

Didn’t get very far last weekend the wife had plans Xmas shopping I was not happy at all 

still fitted engine box servo pedal box hope to paint in the car.this week 

Edited by peter evans
  • Like 1

If you use clear parcel tape or cling film beteeen quarter and arch, you can work a clean edge, without blending arch, even seen a quick release arch before, made sense, for cleaning etc. 

I done this as above then bonded and bolted, a few days later lifted shell by the arches, they aint falling off! 

Hi evo03

yes you can do that if you want to replace one at some point 

ive used white rubber gasket that the use on double glazing 

its simple fit arch tighten up till about 3mm gap is left press gasket in then tweak them up it gives a water tight seal

im blending mine as it’s not going to be raced keeping it solely for shows 👍

Got loads done today rubbed down all the inside of boot area and bits inside the car area couple coats grey primer tomorrow morning and top coat in afternoon I’ll take pics of before and aftr 

monday/Tuesday I’ll fit the loom

wednesday refit the cage and dash/clocks get the electrics all working before starting the big rub down , but have done door and window surrounds these will be primed flatted and top coat tomorrow 

• Like 1

Got bit more done tonight re fitted the loom and steering column

cleaned up front anti roll bar and painted ready to fit

aluminium being delivered tomorrow for the firewall side panels under rear side windows and for the kick panels so busy night cutting and fitting tomorrow then I’ll be ready to refit the cage post pics tomorrow 

• Like 2