Manta 400r

peter evans

Just had to buy another manta last 3 yrs done 2 tr7v8 Tony pond reps and a Toyota celica  gt4 Carlos  saintz edition but I'm stuck with the manta bug  so it's a 79 non sunroof coupe soda blasted floor in and out fully seam welded .. dry fitting all parts at the moment so when I spray her it's just the matte of putting back together I'll keep pics coming on here as the project comes along  here's a couple to starrstart

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Dry fitted engine and box  fitted twin 45s I used 50 mm capri engine rubber mounts just to see if I could get the servo in, it went in with ease and it will clear the 45s if I use short trumpets 30mm ones so I'm now on the hunt for some seen on eBay but silly money there again might have to bite the bullet and hit the buy it now 😂 

Edited by peter evans
Miss print

Think it's going to be white outside white engine bay and underneath insides car might go gun metal grey or black not sure yet 😊Pic of the engine that's going in all parts been dry fitted and pulled apart again it's now time to start rubbing down for spraying.  Still looking for some parts hoping for secondhand but failing that they will be new

Edited by peter evans
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

After a really hectic summer with work and holidays and two it’s time to get back to my winter project  hope to finish ready for the Singleton car show mayday 2018. I’m still trying to source a manta rear axle with a lsd ready fitted. If no luck I’ll have to by a new one and get it fitted fingers crossed put some pics of progress on in the next cpl of weeks 

• 3 weeks later...

Got the engine running today with th nodiz ecu brilliant kit comes with anti lag launch control   And it’s no bigger than a pack of fags. Also purchased a 4ha axle with jag lsd disc conversion ready to go on. then off to the welders for the brackets to convert to a floating axle

• Like 1