1987 Manta GTE for sale

Gordo

I've decided to sell my Manta it's been a great blast from the past but I've decided to go a different direction.

So here goes, 

1987 E plate GTE it's listed as silver although it's what I'd call platinum/gold, the car has covered 107,000 miles and runs like new. 

Recent brake overhaul (for last MOT) which was late July 2016 although the car hasn't covered many miles since.

I am the second owner from new as you will see from the pictures there's lots of history in the documents.

I'd like £5000 for her although  open to sensible offers, I'm near Glasgow.

See attached pictures, she's not immaculate although definitely a solid car. 

Phone or PM me for more info if required.

07757 928 180

IMG_0730.JPG

IMG_0732.JPG

IMG_0734.JPG

IMG_0735.JPG

IMG_0737.JPG

IMG_0744.PNG

IMG_0745.PNG

• Like 6

It is indeed Platinum. I liked the look of this Hatch when it was last up for sale earlier in the year. Looks good with the fog-lights built-in.

Good luck with the sale!

Previous Ebay listing with additional photos:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OPEL-MANTA-GTE-2-0L-A-VERY-RARE-1-OWNER-CAR-FROM-NEW-/122337874298?rmvSB=true&clk_rvr_id=1209289011465&nma=true&si=ZktaD5acfm%2BKjg9cvcFXq4X1Lqg%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This car seems to get a lot of likes etc on various for sale locations however not much interest apart from one guy who couldn't get the cash together. 

I'm asking £4750 for it, am I expecting to much ? Please offer what you think I should be asking for as I haven't sold a Manta in years :) 

My price is based on what it's cost me. 

52 minutes ago, mantadoc said:

Price is fine, it's just Mantas don't have the same following they used to and the club forum isn't well travelled by folk without them I think...........heck everyone's on face tube

Thanks for the reply, 

Ive listed it on various stalkbook pages,

Do you recommend anywhere else it might reach Manta buyers ? It's also on fleebay :) 

Wot iv read and followed on your storey ,forgive me for being  ponokio but basically you having problems shifting her, and wot interesting me the were iv said there's not the following or interest on the public or club "like there used to be"and they popping up and selling cheap. wits your personal thoughts on selling and market values and do thing they have dropped through the floor . i'd like to here your views , because something's gone wrong . for a cracking designed looking car coupe or hatch.pa interesting read.

Just now, philip1971 said:

Wot iv read and followed on your storey ,forgive me for being  ponokio but basically you having problems shifting her, and wot interesting me wot u said there's not the following or interest on the public or club "like there used to be"and they popping up and selling cheap. wota your personal thoughts on selling and market values and do thing they have dropped through the floor . i'd like to here your views , because something's gone wrong . for a cracking designed looking car coupe or hatch.pa interesting read.

Not sure either, I know when I was looking to buy the car what was around was going for about what I paid, and now it seems to only gain interest in the car but not enough to buy it. 

I'm not using the car because I have it up for sale (not wanting to tempt fate) so it's getting a bit frustrating now. 

• Like 1

On 18/07/2017 at 16:00, Gordo said:

This car seems to get a lot of likes etc on various for sale locations however not much interest apart from one guy who couldn't get the cash together. 

I'm asking £4750 for it, am I expecting to much ? Please offer what you think I should be asking for as I haven't sold a Manta in years :) 

My price is based on what it's cost me. 

Don't sell it for a penny less. To some extent it's a bargain. How many other 2 owner GTE's are around with a good history etc. Add to that, it's a Platinum Hatch which do look nice. For some reason Platinum Coupes were rare machines. Not sure if I can actually recall ever having seen one. Another positive is that it has the grey interior rather than the more dubious beige/brown! Albeit some may disagree..... 

I'd have it in a flash at the asking price if I had a double garage or whatever to keep it under cover. 

It will sell! Someone out there wants it! 

• Like 2

I don't think its the price as much as your location. People mostly want to view before buying and with you up in scotland the southerners or first tiem manta owners often won't travel that far. So your potential buyers are reduced somewhat.

I'd maybe add to the advert with a list of all the bits that are different from standard like the bushes, dampers, exhaust etc Also there might be interest to some of the little mods the previous owner did, like relocate the oil sensor, hyd bonnet struts, etc All of which help with the value as they are one less thing to worry about or have to spend time/money doing

• Like 2

I agree with David Howell that its your location which is hampering you getting a good price for your car.

I would try it on an auction on Flea Bay at a low start price & with a reserve set at the minimum you would be prepared to let it go for, then at least after say two attempts you would get an idea how much people were prepared to pay.

I believe your car is probably worth around £4500 but what a car is worth & what someone is willing to pay can be two very different figures.

If your car was for sale in Birmingham, Bristol, Manchester or London then I think it would sell at close to your asking price.

• Like 3