Very late GT/E hatch. Barn stored 18 years

Danny D114BCW

On 27/04/2017 at 14:17, TheRealExile said:

What diameter do I need to buy and how much will do the job? cheers, Terry

8mm microbore, one roll will do the car. £10 ish from b&q

I once told Dan it was 10mm for a laugh.... Oh how he struggled:lol:

• Like 4

19 fails on the MOT. Not too bad, some welding (not loads but a fair amount), lights want a going through (quads going in) and the brakes need a good going through so all in all it should be on the road in a few weeks and then off to paint in June.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kevin Abbott said:

Pushing for new billing?

Not pushing for anything. Can't get excited for new Billing. It's not the same. I mean it's a field! It's not a proper camp site really. You seen my portaloo videos! I rest my case 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 2017-5-20 at 22:14, Danny D114BCW said:

Beige. Even the carpet is a tinge of brown. When I put it back in today I thought "this is rare, where would you get another" be a nice car when it's done. Been restored right. Will last years for the new owner. 

Lovely! I suppose it does have the rarity bit going for it.

I read a comment on the Facebook OMOC re the GTE below. A possible buyer was only interested if it had the beige interior!

37 minutes ago, Monaco Blue said:

Lovely! I suppose it does have the rarity bit going for it.

I read a comment on the Facebook OMOC re the GTE below. A possible buyer was only interested if it had the beige interior!

Good luck finding one of them. Its not for sale yet as i need to get through the to-do list and then paint it along with using it a bit so I know everything is right and its reliable before it finds a new home. 

Edited by Danny D114BCW
  • Like 2

On 31/01/2017 at 12:00, Danny D114BCW said:

But the car is a GT/E on an E plate 1988, surely this has to be one of the last GT/Es to be registered? Anybody any ideas or information? 

On 04/02/2017 at 21:57, SCP said:

Third time lucky if it don't work this time I'm getting out the whiskey, only put it away last night well maybe this morn :blink:

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Been re-reading through the tread again. Re your query as to how many GTE's were registered in 1988:

If you look at the figures quoted above, there were 1533 Mantas registered in 1988, 1414 of these were Exclusives, which I assume actually means both Exclusive GT hatches and GTE Exclusives (coupes) rather than just GTE Exclusives, as he then says 46% of buyers preferred the Coupe to Hatch, and as we know there were no GTE Exclusive hatches apart from the 86MY Irmscher batch.

Subtract one from the other and you are left with 119 which presumably can only be non-Exclusive GTE's as there were no other models available by that time, albeit there might have been a few old model GT hatches still in the system but I would suspect not.

Edited by Monaco Blue
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

I see a bucket on the floor and white stuff on the doors, i'm guessing your in the middle of endless cutting back of the paint, i remember you cursing about how long this took on a previous restoration, but it will good when its done juding by these pictures.

• Like 1

So the car is all built up now and just requires a good wash! but of course there is as always with these cars a sting in the tail;

1. it wont start without bridging fuses 5 & 6
  2. It wont start at all once hot or if it does start, drives like a pile of poo!

so i have ordered a new fuel reg and coolant sensor. Fingers crossed that cures it!