New project ( might look familiar to some of you )

lewis p

Well after nearly 5 years of running round in the 1.3 i had always intended on 400r Ing it but in the last couple of years been not able to bring myself to do it even though i have most of the parts needed. 

So i have decided i caan do it so shes going to get put back more period than the mis match of bits i had used to get her on the road orginally.

However this doesnt satisfy my hankering for a fast ish 400 rally esq manta. So i bought an accident damage well basically shell that some of you may reognize last time it was seen was ebedded in a lampost

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Well since this happened it had been robbed of its engine wheels and interior and whats left of the 400 kit. And looks very sorry for itself however its reasonably solid and hopfully another one going to be saved.

So its going to be a long job and need to get some bits sorted on the 1300 then hopfully in the spring i can get on with in ernest.

But heres what i dragged home the other day....

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 3

Yeah its reasonable to be fair tho needs a fair a lmount of work. First job is sort the front end then get it on the spit and work my way through the bodywork. Already have alot of parts stock piled ready that i was going to use on the 1300 but this way i get to keep the unusal 1300 and save another one.

• Like 3

No pictures as not much to show but so far ive managed to source and collect a decent front end to repair the damage and have started to peel all the stickers off. So far the plan is complete colour change. Tho need to juggle some space round to make it easier to pop and do a bit.

15 hours ago, biffy1984 said:

I wonder why it wasn't fixed after the bump if the rest of the car was pretty good? You going for the 400 kit again? Good luck with it whatever way you go with it :thumbup

Yeah seems a shame it wasnt repaired straight away. Being laid up hasnt done it any good but it wasnt expensive and worth saving. Yep im going down the 400 route as have fancied one for ages but couldnt bring myself to spoil the 1300 but as this has already had a 400 kit on and needs saving anyway seems a logical way to go. Thinking usable rally rep.

11 hours ago, garymanc said:

my friend who bought it directly from the accident decided to make some money from the car as he bought it cheap and was pissed off when he found the 1.8 sump was smashed 

Crikey shame as that would have been one of the valuble bits. 

• Like 2