Web membership

Snowy

How come I am not allowed to join as a web member???

I think £25 a year is far too much for membership to this club but I don't mind paying £15. But it seems if you've been a member you're excluded from joining as a web member???

Thanks

That's the same as when I tried to renew. No option for web membership having previously been a full member so ended up having to pay the £25 for full membership again.

To me personally, I like to have full forum access. Not bothered about the mag and the Vauxhall discount card is useless to me so yeah £25 is too much IMHO so web member would be perfect.

I asked for advice from both Rab and SimonP via PM's, tried a few things Rab suggested but got pissed off so gave up, never got a reply from Simon.

As far as I could work out the only way to become a web member is to start from scratch with a new username etc.....

I also looked for the 'web only' membership option, as I remember it being an option when I first joined and offered at a lower cost, as I also don't want the other features etc.

So now I cant read all posts see any pictures or advertise any of my items - very disappointing compared to other forums !

Edited by guysat

I can still see web membership, but ive always been a web member.

Its all i need as all i want to do is share my build and see other peoples builds i always try to give more than i recieve in that regard

I have zero interest in club politics 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wayne ingham said:

What is the difference of a web , full membership

Basically Web membership gives you access to all the forum & is £15 PA

User membership gives you access to certain parts of the forum but restricts what pictures you can view & is free.

Full membership gives you access to all the forum, trade discount card (only useful if you have a local Vauxhall dealer who accepts it),Manta Magic magazine twice PA & free access to the OMOC field at the annual VBOA show in July This costs £25 PA.

For lot of members who live further afield then Web membership is ideal for them.

FTAO Stu, Simon or Rab, can you get this "downgrade from full member to Web member sorted for those guys like Snowy, Biffy1984, Volksdevil, guysat & maybe others.

I have had problems trying to upgrade from web membership to full membership ,sent emails twice via the contact us link had no reply?

I don`t think I will bother with full membership now looking at the posts above

Regards Sid

8 minutes ago, Sid said:

I have had problems trying to upgrade from web membership to full membership ,sent emails twice via the contact us link had no reply?

I don`t think I will bother with full membership now looking at the posts above

Regards Sid

It's worth noting that I am member of other Vauxhall based clubs so I still get access to Billing. No point being in several clubs for the same reason.

I too would have considered changing my membership to a web member, but as has been noted, there doesn't seem a way to go from 'Normal' to 'web'. I'me in Ireland, so Vauxhall discount is of no benefit, there don't seem to be any get togethers here, really for the me the forum is the only reason I joined. Having said that, for the amount of information and help I've got on here, I think it's well worth £25, but I can understand people wanting to change to be a web member. As far as I know, the whole idea of a web member was to encourage people to at least be 'sort of' part of the club, even if they didn't feel like shelling out £25, at least not the first year, maybe they would do so afterwards.

As I type this, 'Simon P's status says last online an hour ago, I guess as membership secretary this question would be directed towards him? In fairness though, there isn't a 'ask the moderators/committee' section of the forum, and it's unrealistic to expect the mods/committee to go through every post looking for this type of question. 

Perhaps there should be a dedicated 'ask the moderators/committee' section, where this type of question could be directed? I realise there's a danger that section would become a 'bash the mods/committee' section, but maybe it could be kept civil...?!

• Like 5

We can certainly change it for you (You can PM me if you want us to change it). However it's something that needs to be done manually. Changing to a Web Member should be something that's done when your membership expires, otherwise you will immediately lose full membership privileges. - This is a technicality of how our automated system works.

For reference:

Club Membership

Individual Membership - UK: £25.00 / EU: £30.00 / ROW: £35.00 per year

• Full Forum Access.
  • Access to classified adverts as they are posted.
  • Printed copy of Manta Magic + PDF.
  • Forum signature. (3 lines of plain text + Pictures).
  • Discounts from the Vauxhall Trade Club.
  • 10% discount from the club shop.
  • Club Membership Card + Gift.
  • Cover under the OMOC Club Liability scheme.
  • Has a vote at the OMOC AGM

Family Membership - UK: £30.00 / EU: £35.00 / ROW: £40.00 per year

• Full Forum Access.
  • Printed copy of Manta Magic + PDF.
  • Forum signature. (3 lines of plain text + Pictures).
  • Discounts from the Vauxhall Trade Club.
  • 10% discount from the club shop.
  • Club Membership Card + Gift.
  • Cover under the OMOC Club Liability scheme.
  • Has two votes at the OMOC AGM.

Web Membership - £15.00 per year

• Full Forum Access.
  • Forum signature. (1 line of plain text)
  • Please note: A web account only gives access to the forum, It does not give membership to the club or allow the use of members benefits.
  • A web account does not cover the holder to show there car at any club organised events, Club liability insurance is not available for this type of account.
  • The web account does not entitle the user to vote at the AGM or attend the AGM

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's none of my business but the best solution here it seems is stop giving options to members , it's a flat membership fee for full membership and you'd save all the crap over a poxy tenner !!! 

Edited by Mk1madness
  • Like 1