Secret project 2, 1800 Exclusive Hatch, Now Finished Aug 2017

Kevin Abbott

Does any moderator or exec or anyone know how hard it is to spend a hour doing a thread update to have to put up with this issue?

No wonder facebook is killing the forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll probably have to edit this thread when i'm in a better mood

On 31/03/2016 at 2:39 AM, Volksdevil said:

Weird, just quoted you, and tried to fix the IMG tags, but still didn't work:wacko:

You know what Neil, I'm an area rep and this forum is driving me to question if I want to carry on

Edited by Kevin Abbott

That's a shame mate...But I can understand your frustration.:(

It looks like an issue with parsing the IMG tag for some reason, possibly a language issue as well having a quick look at the HTML.

EDIT: Yep, as below...Automatic parsing of URL's works (Turning links into images) but the actual IMG tag isn't working.

Edited by Volksdevil

34 minutes ago, Kevin Abbott said:

Shite

On Photobucket

Under "SHARE THIS PHOTO

LEFT click on link under 'DIRECT'

Come back to OMOC thread and RIGHT click within the thread text box and select PASTE

Picture will automatically show as below

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

I would have done it but there were way to many photos! :)

If your using a phone...well...your on your own there ;)

Edited by GTREA
  • Like 1

I'm on a PC, same as I've used weeks and years ago

Yea that works, but why has it changed?

I used to select the IMG tab and it posted like the ones on the start of the thread.. test IMG

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/callybreaker/secret%20project%202/IMG_1120_zpsj3ilyle1.jpg[/IMG]

A week later and Andrew and I was in sunny wigan taking down this beast piece by piece, complete with screw compressor/ dryer and huge receiver

It took us a full HARD day to remove it, Cliff turned up to help too.. Loaded it onto the 7.5 T wagon and went back to Heywood and built it up over the next few days.

Gas in

I've always clicked the link on photobucket, come to the omoc site clicked the 'Insert Other Media' button at bottom right selected 'Insert image from URL' and paste the link. Which works for me as my pics are normally hosted on my site.

I think it might have been the amount of pictures you tried to link in one post, even though they are not hosted on the OMOC site there always used to be a limit per post so i had to split lots of pictures over multiple posts.

Although with the new site it does like to merge posts, even though i have done these 3 posts separate!

Dead easy on the phone just click where it says click to choose files it brings this up as pictured, then just choose a picture from your phone puts it straight on 

Lime this Dead easy on the phone just click where it says click to choose files it brings this up as pictured, then just choose a picture from your phone puts it straight on 

You can't build a thread on a phone !

its like people who say they can do everything on a tablet. 

Thats BS 

yea I can upload a pic from my phone. Building or updating a

proper build is impossible 

• Like 1

On 31/03/2016 at 0:36 AM, ANDY ABBOTT said:

Dead easy on the phone just click where it says click to choose files it brings this up as pictured, then just choose a picture from your phone puts it straight on 

Lime this Dead easy on the phone just click where it says click to choose files it brings this up as pictured, then just choose a picture from your phone puts it straight on 

Shut up Abbott, you are too new around here to have an opinion;)

• Like 1

OK lets try the hard way and do it all again...

Update, Andrew wasn't satisfied with only having one 60 foot long spray booth that is a bit big for a car so he went looking for a professional car booth..

A week later and Andrew and I was in sunny wigan taking down this beast piece by piece, complete with screw compressor/ dryer and huge receiver

It took us a full HARD day to remove it, Cliff turned up to help too.. Loaded it onto the 7.5 T waggon and went back to Heywood and built it up over the next few days.

Gas in

We now have even better facilities to restore old cars :lol:

Hatch has been coming on and has about 10 hours a day spent on it for weeks now, that's why all my updates are late ones as I don't get home until after midnight.

Interior fitted ( valeting later) 

Fuel tank back from the restorers and new lines on

More paint, more masking, more windows going in ( used one of my spare green screens for this!) 

Masked out for satin black paint restoration

Satin black trim, dents removed, scotched, adhesion promoter then taybar top quality satin black ( better than the autogym we tried.. ) 

Heat gun to aid curing plus the infra red and a cheeky shot of the GT and the mancona :lol:

De-masked, finally!

Lights fitted ( will be looking into new reflectors or units ) 

Building up the rear, number plate light to be cleaned and re built

Rear screen going in tomorrow then we can wash it and start on the underneath

Oh the fun we have

looks like changing the links from img to direct has worked?

Edited by Kevin Abbott
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Slow progress due to me being ill for weeks. This was the last work done on it and we are jumping back into it this weekend:thumbup

more stain black refurb and repair

Tailgate being built up, getting the wiring back in was a right pain

Front bumper and lights bolted in and removed again and again due to bloody wiring faults on the horn!

I've never liked the side indicator gaskets in white so did them in black

Indicators and rear lights refurbished

Rear bumper done, rear number plate lights all cleaned and refurbished, back end nearly done, fog light done, lock in place

Now up onto the lift to do the underneath in stonechip

Underneath stone chipped, we are not trying to hide anything with this, it's protection, all pre pics are available or on here ;)

]

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Little bits and bobs sorted, parcel shelf in. Found the little bits that secure the spoiler side ends to the car. 

Lights. I was in two minds as to change the lights as the more things I buy for the car the more it eats into any potential profit once its done... But I couldn't leave a full restoration with these lights in

I'm going to re use some of the fittings 

Spare bag of fittings. It would be nice to be able to 3d print these one day as they are sooooo fragile!

An alternative fitting can be made from M5 bolts ( nylon ones now available on ebay too. Full ' How to ' on my secret project finished thread

New stainless steel springs, I cut this into 25 mm long sections to suit, spring is 7.1mm ID

New lights. I had to go for the curved lense like cibies even though this car had flat front lucas. I suppose you could remove the curved lense and glue the lucas flat ones on but the lucas are also a bit abraded..

So new shiney ones it is, same as the old units.. H4 with side and a H1 inner for high beam

Some of the fixings are broken so I use self curing acrylic to secure the fitting to the new light, ends of the spring are de sprung using a mapp torch are re profiled so the don't cut into the fixing or surround

Repeat 12 times and fit to bezel 

The only thing missing is the rubber from around the edges of the lights but that holds water so I won't be putting it back on

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, biffy1984 said:

Good progress Kev mate, coming along really well.:thumbup

Have you ever thought about painting one of your reverse bulbs red and getting rid of the fog lamp?

Cheers mate. 

Reverse light   

On this we want to stay standard but I did the reverse light fog light mod on my coupe although I'm not completely happy with the light output. 

There is a great thread about putting a bulb into the reflector and using that somewhere on the forum. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

A little more time spent on the hatch and I'm falling in love with it.. It is such a great car.

The new white coupe has been eating time up but we need to crack on with this.

The new painted ronals with new tyres suit it really well. 

Centre caps to do when we get time

The exhaust has been an issue but thank's to sutty it now has a middle box, the rear box is yet to be sorted and in he above pic it has a coupe one that is too long

Eagle eyes will spot the most recent purchase 

So back into the unit to start the build of the interior, the boot had a little surface rust under the spare wheel well and that was wire brushed off and trated with hydrate 80

That will be now good for a long time, time to build the interior

Lots of trim and screws and clips to find, many specific to the hatch and the grey interior. We managed to find 90% as we bought the car as a stripped shell..

Lots to find and put back together, a thousand parts to put into specific places. Lucky I've been doing these 25 years :lol:

Carpet was powerwashed a while ago so just required a hoover and some G101 cleaner

Cleaned up spare, original jack and brace, boot trim all done

New uncut parcel shelf pulled from stock as the one I had put in had speaker holes and didn't suit the car 

A few pairs of struts to try once I've dug them out as these ones are soft..

WE decided that the 1800 seats had to go so sourced a good set of recaros and matching door cars. seat bases were pulled from stock. Hydrate 80 then satin black on the mounts

( 1800 seats are in storage should the new owner decide they want them as they are mint )

Recaros sent to the valeters, they must of powerwashed the frigging thing as they was soaked so we can't put those in until we have baked them dry.. 

New aerial fitted and holes for aerial and side repeater in inner wing sealed with non silicon sealer ( CT1, thank's Dan!)

Trial fitted the recaros and somethings wrong! Frames have bits missing. Doh!! Need to pull another set from stock now and they don't make them anymore so stock getting low!

Anyway, this Manta is worth it.. Love it

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

just a bump pic to show we haven't forgotten about our lovely hatch. My missus has fallen in love with it and wants it.

I've told her she can't have it.

Is that cruel?

Anyway. just a side by side shot from last week 

• Like 6