Another Manta 400 Replica

AMG

On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 8:13 PM, AMG said:

I will get you my measurements if you want, but as I said we just taped up to where we thought looked like and went for it!

Cheers I will let you know if I need measurements, Your pictures have given me some great details. Very nice car enjoy the summer (if we have one)

it was one of Martins kits we used.

5 stud kit is Erwin Peters, axle repair shop, or classicopel.net, so far seems to be dead on.

http://www.autoschade-peters.nl/

interior in

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Edited by AMG
  • Like 1

On ‎17‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 8:42 AM, AMG said:

5 stud kit is Erwin Peters, axle repair shop, or classicopel.net, so far seems to be dead on.

http://www.autoschade-peters.nl/

Did you fit the kit yourself or buy complete axle set up?

I take it is from Danny Sohns machining. I have been quoted for conversion kit costs €1080,- incl 21%vat old driveshafts back. or €150,- more. (It is a complete set of hubs and shafts for a standard car (plug an play) from 4x100 to 5x120 original discs fit so on)

He also has LSD rear axles,1 on stock with 45%LSD cost €1950 complete rebuild without brakes.

Defo will be getting a kit in the near future, just need to start looking for new wheels etc. :ph34r::blink:

Fitted the kit myself, all just a straight swap over. Never sent my old shafts back, as the money it was going to cost to send them back made it not worth the hassle. That is the price of them, but I got them at the time of the great exchange rate, which helped a good bit!

possibility I might change the axle, not wide enough with the 8" rear wheels and spacers at the minute!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AMG said:

Fitted the kit myself, all just a straight swap over. Never sent my old shafts back, as the money it was going to cost to send them back made it not worth the hassle. That is the price of them, but I got them at the time of the great exchange rate, which helped a good bit!

possibility I might change the axle, not wide enough with the 8" rear wheels and spacers at the minute!

Cheers for the information, :thumbup I think that will be my plan and fit an LSD at the same time. Gives my more cash to replace the wheels, think I will be staying with revo's 15" but 5 stud instead. Wish I never sold my spare rear axle now. :unsure:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...