Does Anyone In The Manta Club Own 'e100 Omm'?

Hi Jack,

Its Chris Burt here, I have very fond memories of this car and actually owned it twice, I first bought it around 2000 when I took it in px against my black 2.4 exclusive coupe, Both these cars E852 EJB and E100 OMM were featured in the very first issue of Total Vauxhall magazine in 2001 I think it was. I then sold it to a friend of mine who owned it a couple of years and then I purchased it back again.

I owned it for a little while before selling it to Tim, Incidentally I also sold Tim the red exclusive coupe F910 DGO and heard from him afterwards that it had been written off. I actually made the gear knob in that car for my mate Chris Sinclair who restored it before I had it off him, Ally gear knobs were all the rage back then.

I spoke to Tim when he was selling it last year as I thought I was interested in buying it back for a third time, Tim sent me a load of pics, but things changed and I let it go and Simon then bought it,

I too would like to see the car again someday,

Hope this little bit of information helps and if you want any more info please ask.

Chris.

Edited by chrisb
  • Like 1

Jack,

I have just re read this post and you ask what im driving now,

Here goes,

Daily drivers,

New Kia Sportage and a VW Golf mk5 and a VW Golf mk2 16valve GTi.

Weekend toys,

VW type 2 camper van,

Porsche 911 996 gen 2 GT3.

Camper I have had for many years and would never sell, Porsche is a new toy and the most unbelievable car I have ever driven. Fast just cant describe it.

Still keen on a manta tho, Maybe another one in the future, who knows,

I have 3 grandkids now so starting to feel my age and need to slow down a bit.

Chris.

Hi Chris, long time since i heard from, hope your keeping well.

I was interested in buying it back for a third time,

last time we met at your place in Biscester you swore that you had your last Manta and as i said at the time never say never...

Hi Ian,

Yes im very well thanks, I moved to Daventry 12 years ago from Bicester so that was a long time ago indeed, After that I did own SGH 71V bronze coupe and HDP 388W Turquoise ascona and after that if you remember F560 HGS the Starmist Black Courtney Turbo. So I obviously did not swear enough..!!!

Hi Chris,

Very nice of you to comment on this forum so thanks for that! nice collection of Cars you still have,Your Courtenay Turbo is still on the club home page and it's such a rare Car, bet it was fast as well!

Never say never on owning a Manta, maybe you will want to own another one one day? If I had enough money I would buy every single Manta in the world being a Petrolhead and all that.

If you come to Billing this year Chris I'll have a very long catch up if you like about your old Mantas and such.

Cheers,

Jack.

Edited by Jack

Hi Jack,

Unfortunately I cant make Billing as we are away at a wedding which is a shame as there are some cars I used to own that I would love to see again, My old Manta i200 reg A12 OOB and my old bronze B series reg JRD 243W being two of them.

Chris.

Hi Ian,

Yes im very well thanks, I moved to Daventry 12 years ago from Bicester so that was a long time ago indeed, After that I did own SGH 71V bronze coupe and HDP 388W Turquoise ascona and after that if you remember F560 HGS the Starmist Black Courtney Turbo. So I obviously did not swear enough..!!!

What a coincidence! Until last week rapierdave of this parish owned SGH and HDP, but SGH has now moved West to live with Chris Thomas. Dave still has HDP though, and she's a proper little minter.

Hi Jack,

Unfortunately I cant make Billing as we are away at a wedding which is a shame as there are some cars I used to own that I would love to see again, My old Manta i200 reg A12 OOB and my old bronze B series reg JRD 243W being two of them.

Chris.

Hi Chris,

Somebody called Geoff Twist owns your old i200 and I met him at Chorley Castle in Lancashire not that he will remember. It's in good hands and he told me that he has restored it himself and it's in superb condition.

Do you know where your Courtenay turbo is?

Jack.

I sold it to a guy called Ian Martin, I think he was North East based.

I saw him and the car at the nec classic car show in November. Its still immaculate and I think even now its only covered 21k miles. Very rare car and still looks awesome with the kit on it.

He said he still loved owning it.

Hi Chris,

JRD 243W is alive and well. Full respray done in 2006 with roof taken back to bare metal, painted and a new vinyl roof made and fitted.

The bonnet is away being shot blasted and repainted at the moment - hoping to get that back tonight.

Can you believe that it's 21 years since I bought this from you. Other Mantas have come and gone but JRD is part of the furniture....

Hi Ben,

Hope you are well, its great to hear JRD is still alive and well, I cant believe 21 years have gone by since you bought it..!! it only seems like yesterday. Still got very fond memories of JRD out of all the mantas ive owned it was one of my favourites, I did genuinely love that car, would love to see it again, I think it was prob abt 2006 that I last saw you and the car.

I remember in 1991 at the first Billing i attended JRD was the only car in the concours that had the bonnet open.

I know what you mean when you say part of the furniture, that's how I feel about my camper, i have turned down a fair bit for it over the years i have had it.

Those who know me well, know i go through cars like dinners but the camper is a keeper.

Will have to come to Billing again and catch up with a few people.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chris,

Somebody called Geoff Twist owns your old i200 and I met him at Chorley Castle in Lancashire not that he will remember. It's in good hands and he told me that he has restored it himself and it's in superb condition.

Do you know where your Courtenay turbo is?

Jack.

Hi Jack: if there is a Chorley Castle In Lancashire I've never been maybe you mean Cholmondeley Castle which is in Cheshire also my 200 was restored by a friend (who is no longer with us) & his son Callum see you at Billing. Thanks Geoff

• Like 2

WOW what a good thread. How good is this? people doing their best to give info and help each other. I know its what the clubs all about but when old meets new and can go back over old times. Great !! :thumbup

• Like 3

Hi Jack: if there is a Chorley Castle In Lancashire I've never been maybe you mean Cholmondeley Castle which is in Cheshire also my 200 was restored by a friend (who is no longer with us) & his son Callum see you at Billing. Thanks Geoff

Thanks Geoff for that and yes I probably meant Cholmondeley Castle instead of Chorley, that was a great show and you were parked next to an immaculate Black Berlinetta.

See you very soon!

Jack.

Just an update on this Manta 'E100 OMM', The owner of this car now Simon brought it down to Billing for the day and I couldn't beleive it, I haven't seen this Car since 2011 and I got a ride in it too! What a great sight it was to see the very Manta that holds so many memories so many thanks Simon!

Regards,

Jack.

• 1 month later...

Nice to have a proper catch up and chat to you at Billing and really great to see your i200 again!

Cheers,

Jack.

• 9 months later...

jack 

all being well i will be coming to billing on sat with E100OMM if catch up with me we will go out for a spin 

see you there

Hi Simon, I don't know whether or not you will see this but I have tried my best since Billing last year to see if you want to meet up etc. Just wanted to know if you are coming to Billing this year in E100? If so I will be sure to find you and have another catch up again.  :thumbup

Kind Regards,

Jack

• 5 months later...

hi jack sorry i have not been in touch have been very busy e100omm has been back on the road for a few months having had the roof and some other bits on the body done but it could be up for sale next year as i have bought ADZ4575 a opel manta 400 rally car.

the 400 will take a few months to sort as the previous owner had rolled it on the last rally he did and i wont be selling E100 untill the 400 is finished 

simon 

• 2 years later...