Does Anyone In The Manta Club Own 'e100 Omm'?

Hello Manta Enthusiasts/Owners,

As the title says I am wanting to find out if 'E100 OMM' is in the club still? This Car is a 1988 GT/E Exclusive Coupe which was owned for several years by my Godfather. It is potentially the only Manta out of the 6 he has owned that still exists.

A lot of my favourite memories of my life have been in this Car, I went down to Billing for the first time in it too. I also went to Billing 2008 with it. When my Godfather sold it it was Original but if I am correct in saying the owner who bought it changed the roof for a hardtop and put Genuine Manta 400 mirrors on it which my Godfather sold him with the Car.

I would be very interested in seeing if the Car is still in the Club and if I saw this Car again that would be very special indeed.

Thanks for reading,

Jack.

• Like 1

yes she is still alive and well ive owned her for a couple of years.

at the moment it still has the sunroof but there is a lot of bubbles on the roof and ive booked her into retro power for a new roof skin,i also bought the 400 mirrors but because she is completly standard have decided not fit them other than that ive spent a lot of time and money on the chassis rails,floor panels and all new front suspension .since finishing this last sept i use here nearly every weekend

simon

Hi there Simon,

Thanks for the reply. That's really good news and I'm really glad to hear that she is been kept standard. Also in case you didn't notice, the picture in my profile is the Manta you own now long before you owned her, don't know what year it was taken but it was a very long time ago. I am also very glad that you are using her as she wasn't getting used very much at all before you bought her, maybe 500-1000 miles a year. Although I kept trying to persuade him into using her so she doesn't deteriorate.

Is there any chance of me seeing this Car at Billing this year? I was really upset when he sold his Manta because originally the plan was for him to keep it and when I got old enough to drive he would sell it to me but I never got the chance. Really really miss this Car so to see it again would be very special to me.

Thanks for letting me know and it's really good to know that she gets driven regularly. :)

Regards,

Jack.

hi jack it was ages ago but e100 omm is a reg that stuck in my head. I must of seen her at billing sometime. the reg stuck in my head as firstly to have 100 in a reg is a nice whole number and omm to me said opel manta magic. . im glad she is still around and in good fettle.

paul

• Like 1

Hi Paul,

Years ago now when my Godfather was more on the Manta scene he took it to a Car show and it won second and it was beaten by an earlier B series in a lighter Blue colour. I wasn't there but that's what he told me and I am not sure if he still has the trophy to prove it. Don't think he sold it with the Car.

I can't get over it though, out of the 6 he has owned, only this one survives, even his Dolphin Grey Irmscher is dead. :(

Jack.

hi jack

sorry it looks very unlightly that i will make billing as im at at a traction engine rally with my two shire horses that weekend but if you want to come down to leicstershire im shure we can go out for a run in her

simon

• Like 2

Thanks Simon!! You should have seen my reaction when you said we could go out in her! Leicestershire is only a tad over an hour away from me so you don't live that far away. I'll feel 16 years old again sitting inside her. :)

Thanks,

Jack.

No Chris Burt isn't my Godfather but they know of each other and this Manta used to be Chris Car.

My Godfather and Chris Burt have had dealings in the past regarding buying and selling Manta's, I have heard that Chris has owned over 20 of them!

Jack.

Is Chris still in the Club and does he still have a Manta?

I have got 3 photos of my Godfathers Manta when It was on his drive many moons ago and I have found a really old picture of it and It seems that the older picture is when it was still a youngster and before any restoration work was carried out.

Jack.

">http://DSC00476.jpg

I can't believe I am looking at this, thanks again Dave! I didn't even know that anyone took a picture of it. I want this Manta back so badly, if I ever did get the chance she would never leave my ownership.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Dave!!!

No way have you got that picture of the White one and how did you get it?? That is on my godfathers driveway!!! Can't Believe it. It is when he had several Mantas on his drive at once but that photo is taken on his drive. The one behind it I have got a good feeling it is his Dolphin Grey Imrscher.

Cannot believe that mate I have got to email Tim the news!!!

Jack.

The Red Coupe had been previously restored when my godfather owned it and it was a minter no question. I can remember been in all of these Cars. I was very young when I went in them but they are my strongest memories. I can remember when I was very young and my godfather rang up my dads landline (at the time he lived in Sheffield whilst working away and I went over every 2-3 weeks), and he told me the news down the phone that he had just bought a new Manta for £2,000! It was the red one he had. I can remember going over to see it and I was sat in the front seat my dad was in the back and one thing I didn't like the look of even back then was it's original gear know was taken off and someone had put a weird metal one on. Little did I know that the Red one was going to be written off some weeks later by a van driver, never got over that.

My earliest memories of the White one were when he had it parked up at his parents house and I can remember one of the lights not working. But the most In depth memory I have of it is when we went camping in it one time and again I was still very young, but I can remember when I went so sleep in the tent I could see the back end of it. The last memory I have of it is when we were leaving the campsite and I noticed a chip in the windscreen and I asked my godfather how you get chips in your windscreen! I didn't know back then!

Looking at the picture of the White one now you can see the aftermarket wheels that look like Compomotives to me.

Hope you enjoyed my Manta stories. :):D

Jack.

Edited by Jack
  • Like 1