Opel Manta A Series Hot Rod (Beast)

DiMarco

Been a little while since there has been an update. My new gearbox and converter came in today which Im really happy about as I have been having trouble with the courier I use through work but it came in without any issues. It looks shitty on the outside but looks good on the outside. The converter is going to get sent away to be reconditioned and the gearbox is going to get a good look over and service by the one and only Tony G.

IMAG0523.jpg

IMAG0524.jpg

IMAG0526.jpg

IMAG0527.jpg

IMAG0528.jpg

• Like 1

Torque converter has now gone off to get rebuilt so they should receive that today it did looks clean inside but worth getting rebuilt for piece of mind. I have just ordered service bits for the gearbox along with new seals.

Edited by DiMarco
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

That must mean you got your mag Nick, good. How's the next instalment coming along for the next mag??

Dave

Hi Dave

Well she wont be finished for april I don't believe as she is currently in the exhaust shop then she will need to get her body looked at then she will be finished with my custom GT/E strips I would like to hope she will be finished but will have to see. When is the latest I can send the finished article to you.?

Hi Dave

Well she wont be finished for april I don't believe as she is currently in the exhaust shop then she will need to get her body looked at then she will be finished with my custom GT/E strips I would like to hope she will be finished but will have to see. When is the latest I can send the finished article to you.?

17th April I believe it is Nick.

Dave

• 2 months later...

Been a little while since I have added anything about my beast on here. Well I have just heard from the chap who is doing my exhaust and manifolds and he believes she will be ready to pick up middle of next week :D looking to see what my 3 inch one off exhaust design is going to look like I cant wait. He is also sorting out the suspension by doing the ride height and stiffness then he is going to sort out my fuel gauge which is always reading full.

Once that is done she will come home for a short time then get ready to go to the body shop to sort some of the areas out. Once I have her back the sticker will be put on also by the body shop then I need to carpet the boot then she is ready for billing :D

Edited by DiMarco

• 5 months later...

Well hello all it has been a while and i hope you are all doing well. 

Well i have finally got my car back and what i nightmare that has been but i have it back after loosing a years MOT and insurance but has a new exhaust system and manifolds but nothing else. There was meant to be a lot more work done but none of that had been done. Adding to that looking over the car in the day light as i had to trailer her back yes trailer in the dark i couldn't get a good look over her. When i looked in the day light there is a couple of dents to the car and chips to the paint not happy also a good size chip where the bonnet had not been put back on with care. All the wiring has been pissed about with and the engine now doesn't run as i believe from what i a been told from members on rods and sods that the torque converter has been put in the gearbox wrong engaging permanently. So have now got to through a fair amount of work at her to put her right and sort it out. Only good thing is that i have the car back and it is with someone i trust to help me get her back to fully running order. 

So on the project goes on to get it all back up to scratch new photos will be on soon so stay tuned.

You may week find that BLK was the original number. Does the area designation (Lk) fit in with where the dealership was? 

I have had a private plate on the wife's car and three times out of three the DVLA has assigned the original number when I have taken the plate off.

Well at the weekend i went to my mechanics shop where the beast is currently staying to look over the old girl and plan what we are going to do when we have time to get it in and strip down. The gearbox and engine will be coming out to get a full service and check over will need to sand down the chassis rails again and paint plus underseal as when it was kept at the other shop for a year it was on stands and has ripped off most of underseal and paint which i am so not happy about :(. After that the car is getting a full going over then mot and then she will be once again ready for the road and track ;)

couple of weekend pics for you that i took. She has now had a full machine polish all over to get rid of the orange peal and now looks amazing :D.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...